1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'01-'02 GSXR600 HP Question

Discussion in 'General' started by Ex CCS Racer, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I know it was brought up in a different thread but 116-117hp in supersport trim?! That hard to believe. I ran a dyno earlier this year and all I saw from these supposedly 102 rwhp was about 97hp average. This was on a Dynojet 200. I can't see 117 with just a pipe and a Power Commander. Earlier this year I heard this rumor around the paddock and all I could say was bullshit. Geoff May and Hippy swore up and down as did a few others that didn't know them. Can anyone expand on this?
    Makes me wanna throw rocks at my vintage F4 with carbs [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Ex CCS Racer (edited 12-30-2001).]

2. aod99

aod99 Administrator

We've dynoed a bunch of stock ones at 103 bhp with pump gas.

We've then dynoed superstock prepped ones at 103 as well.

However, fuel alone ($15 a gallon) could get you up to 6-8bhp so that would put you in the 110 - 111 range.

If you dyno on the right day and don't use the correction factor etc you could see as high as 115 etc.

But you should still throw rocks at your Honda because the F4 ain't going to do it against the rest of the 600s. I'd get a GSXR or R6 but apparently you should get a ZX-6 as it is "by far" the best choice for privateer racing*.

-Sam

*Jim Rashid

3. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Maybe I'll get a Triumph TT600 instead of a 6R [​IMG]

4. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

This does not mean much but I had a '97 GSX-R 750 that was bone stock that dynoed 112 hp & my '01 600 feels as strong/stronger than the 750 ever did. Yea I know the 600 is 30 pounds lighter but the motor has alot more kick to it than the 750 ever had.

Like I said apples to oranges since I have not dynoed my 600. However there was a big seat of the pants difference with the addition of a full system M4 & yosh re-map of the FI on the 600. [​IMG]

5. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Don't tell them anything!

6. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

or you can get a very optimistic brand dyno. or you can get a dyno made in the southeast, everyone knows all things fast come from the southeast, bikes, riders and talkers. [​IMG]

ill blow this guys mind again:
    we just dynoed one of our new hawk motors, one with billet cylinders, a billet crank with 7mm of stroke, and all of our other goodies. it made 103hp and 68ftlbs of torque at 8500 rpm with vp c14+ and 12:1 pistons.

hear me now and believe me later....

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

ouch! and mine makes a little over 60hp. i feel good now

8. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Yeah, but his crank cost more than your bike. [​IMG]

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

oh yeah. now i'm better. thanx

10. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

102 on mine with the old gas in it from the crash truck. Stock every thing. 01 gsxr 600 Belive the 114 -117 real easy to do and then some hippy can get it I know...

11. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Just pull the pin before each race, right? [​IMG]

12. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

A fiend of mine showed me his dyno run on his '01 GSXR600. He had a pipe, PC, and good race gas. Only made 106 after a number of dynoruns/testing. What a sorry bike [​IMG] Didn't stop 'em from finishing fourth at the GNF though. Musta been that Alabama dyno [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Ex CCS Racer (edited 12-30-2001).]

13. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

I dynoed my 01 GSX-R 600 right after the four hour at the GNF this year. With pump gas and a Yosh RS-3 it made 107hp. It may have just been a good day to dyno, but since these were the same dynos used to verify hp for the Suzuki Cup, I felt they were pretty accurate.

I've also been told by other 01 GSXR600 pilots that my bike is really strong on the straights. Maybe I just got lucky and got a good one right out of the box.

14. Mblashfield

ive got a 700cc hawk that makes 90hp and 53ftlbs of torque that ive raced 2 entire seasons to include 4 daytona events, all i do is fuel it up and change the oil. i won 6 regional and 1 national championship on it.
    i ran a 750cc hawk in 2000, went undefeated in hvywt sportsman, it makes 96hp. all i did was fuel it up and change the oil and a clutch. the only thing that stopped me once was a problem with the wiring harness.
    i havnt blown up a hawk motor since 1997. we have an absurd amount of development time invested and i have an even more absurd amount of money invested in hawks. i find it incredibly challenging to get this type of performance out of single cam, 3 valve twin. one that will last several seasons and win championships. the engines have one off cranks, pistons, valves, heads and case work. if a particular part doesnt work, we make one that does, and then i get to test it!!!

15. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

How much did that thing weigh? And you only turned 17's at Roebling [​IMG]

Tony Fiesel- ex 2 time Hawk owner(Stickboy's & Brian Craig's before they raced 'em)

16. Mblashfield

it weighs 340lbs. by lap 2 i would be about 10 seconds ahead of the pack so i would just maintain. the only guys that ever had anything for me were richie morris, dave mgrath and donnie unger. they were on buells and donnie was on a duc 750, i beat richie cuz his bike wobbled so bad coming out of 9 he couldnt control it, i took second to dave when my harness was acting up and i always beat donnie. my 700 weighs 317, with technomagnesios and some ti parts. if your a hawk guy, ill let you ride it at roebling some time....but only if your a true hawk guy, cant let this technology out of the cirlce.

17. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Pretty impressive. I've never seen your bikes up close. I was into Hawks pretty seriously a while back. F2 front end, HRC jet kit, VFR rear wheel, the whole deal. Got very expensive so I got into 600's [​IMG].

18. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

I have seen lots of variations in HP numbers. In 97, my GSXR-600 could not get over 94bhp, Kevin Stasny (Same Tuner) got Joe Prussiano's GSXR-600 at 100bhp with a better power curve, but had to make about 40 dyno-runs with a lot of trial and error with the Power Commander, etc.

Lot's of other things contributed. I found out I bought the wrong pipe (First Generation D&D). M4 and Akrapovic seem to be the best pipes for quick HP realization. I have had terrible luck with D&D's, Yoshimuras, and V&H's.

All things being equal in appeareance is not necessarily equal.

19. Mblashfield

give me your email, ill send you some current pics. the 750 is on our site, on the hawk chasis mod page, its white with no fairing, #67, thats how i raced it, naked.
    www.mbmotorsports.net

20. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

What are you guys(& gals) getting out of these bikes in supersquid form:
    99-00 F4
    01-02 F4i
    99-02 R6
    98-02 ZX6R
    01-02 GSXR6

My 99 F4 makes 97hp and some change with a stock motor, Motul full synthetic oil, Hindle race pipe, K&N filter, and Dynojet kit on pump gas. It made 89.9 bone stock with 8200 miles on it. It was first dynoed right at a year ago.