1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eric Bostroms next excuse will be....

Discussion in 'General' started by GSXR600, Apr 24, 2005.

1. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

Now let me first state that this guy could likely hop on a moped and beat me around any given track with one eye covered and a Bud light in his hand.

But..... having followed his progress this season (and last) and his trials and tribulations on the Duc.

And his reasoning behind why his times are typically slower than the top guys practice session times per lap.

I think he is running out of reasones (excuses) with the last being........."I don't like this track".

Will he soon just fess up and say "I don't like the Ducati"??

2. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

He was pretty fast last year at the beginning of the season, and I believe he won a race too. I think he just lost his MOJO. :D

3. fastzx9

fastzx9 Well-Known Member

I'm sure there would be hell to pay if he ever just came right out and said that his Ducati sucks!! But it's obvious it does, cause that guy can ride a bike. Look how well he did with a dinosaur like the ZX7. Hopefully, A ZX10 superbike is in the works, and he will be on it. I feel bad for him, he's wasted 2 years of his prime with that shit bike.

4. motoho

motoho Well-Known Member

Isn't he on the same bike as Hodgson?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, with the AMA sounding like they're going with mini bikes in the near future the days of ZX10, GSXR1K, CBR1000RR, the 999 and the R1 as the bikes in the premier class are numbered. . . in the US.

With those bikes a few riders may be shaken out of the racing tree.

What's up with Eric? Like his bro it seems his head isn't right.

Chuck, what he did last year in one race doesn't amount to a mound of monkey poop if he can't get it together for this year.

6. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

too much riding supermoto's for the bostroms???

is it a coincidence that now everyone runs a slipper clutch and they dropped off the map? I wonder if they need to be able to hack it out there to be fast...???...

7. GSXR600

Well a few off topic things here. But i don't feel the AMA is leaning toward the superbike configuration. I feel that has been a judgement call made at Daytona because of the unique lay out of that track and its wear on tires, etc.

I also don't feel the Duc is as bad as some make it out to be. Hodg is doing quite fine on his, as are some over in WSB.

Yea E-boz is not going to openly say the Duc sucks...or is not right for him. Right now anyhow. But once he is on another bike....and likely not soon enough. I think he will be more open about the bike being a good package, but the twin or that testrada frame just not for him.

Granted the drafting silly season is always interesting, im not for sure convinced that he would be back on a Kawi if he were to leave Duc (or be canned). Granted a lot depends on who resignes or goes here or there for each brand......but Kawi seems to have some talent with the Haydens, Suzuki has its riders that are not likely to leave unless asked, Yamaha has a whole crew of riders who have been doing quite well.........and we all know how political Honda is.

Maybe Buckmaster leave Yami? Or Miguel retire from Honda? Maybe Spiece be asked to go ride on the other side of the pond?

Who knows but if everyone stays he may be looking to ride for someone like Attack or Jordan.

Regardless he has (had) some kick butt talent and excuses are going to run out and sooner or later unless results he is going to have to just call the shots that the Duc is not for him (not like everyone can't see it anyhow).

8. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

What's on Eric's mind:

"Man, Ben, last weeks climb in Colorado was bad ass"

9. grimm705

grimm705 Grimm Reaper

Good point just cause he doesn't ride it well doesn't mean its junk. Ducati is not for everyone. I think he should go back to kawi.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

better watch what you call a shit bike you fuc-ing retard.

11. GSXR600

I think anyone who honestly knows bikes will tell you the Duc isn't a "shitbike".

Its just not for everyone.....and in this case E-boz. In race trim they are some bad mo-joes. Though i do personally feel the days of the V-twin having that advantage they once had in the late 90's early 00's has gone and we are again in the age of 4's.:beer:

12. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

GSXR600 - Check your PM's?

13. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Just curious....does E get the same guys that work on Niel's bike to work on his bike..?

And, isn't wierd, that both Ben, and Eric aren't doin so well...?

Just trying to read into something in here, that's prolly Not there...:D

14. fife406

fife406 Member

He got smacked on the Kawi and then smacked again on the Duc at Road Atl last year. Since then he has had no confidence in the equip, Hodgson is making him look real bad. I cant believe he cant follow the guy in practice and figure some shit out.With the money he is making I am sure it easier to be looking ahead than getting his head down. Jordan is his boy and my money is on him riding the Team 23 suzuki next year. Damn shame that Mat has such a head start on that bike and has his team so wired because I think if he was on the gixxer he would be the guy up Mladins ass. I mean f*ckin A, Mat is damn near ruining the series.Put that pig headed sob on the damn Suzuki Moto GP bike and lets see what he is really worth. Cause this shit is getting old. If the AMA werent such jackass's we could actually see the best racers in the series racing each other.As it is now, superstock is better than superbike to watch.We need Rog and Tommy on superbikes and the Yamaha boys doing there silly shit on the premier bikes.AMA sucks now and we are all big fans, we have seen how good it can be in the past and that is what is amplifying all this skullduggery.AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH................

15. GSXR600

I think given his talent, Mladin would do quite well against the guys racing Moto GP. Granted not clean house like he is now, but he would do alright.

16. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

mladin is doing what he's been doing for the past 4 years or so--kicking ass.

but you have to wonder if just maybe he's sandbagging a little....

I agree with you fully. lets see what he can do in motoGP.
    :up:

17. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Matt will never go to MotoGP..he's said that a few times...He makes good $$$ here, has his wife and new baby, he has a house here in cali...and he's happy, he's doin what he likes..

Now if you were Mat, would you hop over to Europe and race all over the world..?

18. fife406

fife406 Member

I dont know, would a Schwantz, Rainey, Lawson, Gardner or Doohan? I think so, he is older now but even though I am not a big fan I completely respect the mans control of a motorcycle. I think that given the proper chance he could outride most of the Moto GP guys. If his money is set, why not truly persue a chance to be a World Champ. Get the stick out of his crawl.

19. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

He knows he can ride 98% in the US and win....risk assesment..

20. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Did you read McLaughin's editorial reply to Henny Ray in Cycle News, said the 600/200 at Daytona was France influence as a promotor? Pretty good read. No way will AMA go 600.

Damn fluboz.

David