1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Aprilia RS 125/250 2T or Cagiva Mito

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by BeanEater, Nov 28, 2023.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Buy it if it's legit, bring it to WERA events!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
  2. dave3593

So can Google find this picture somewhere else from the past? I guess that would prove scam, right.?

3. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Already in contact with the seller. He's about 90 minutes from me. Says he has an MC28 NSR250 too. The RS250 hasn't been ridden in 4 or 5 years

It's a scam if he asks for money sight-unseen. I know we're all hot about it but how deep's the actual market for a used up old Cup bike?

4. dave3593

I don't know if it fits in any classes but it seems like it could at least be a wonderful track play bike. I'm not talking beatiful restored bike but a play bike. Unless the motor (sloppy bearing supports or the like) or suspension is complete toast it seems like it could be used for play after some freshening. I also know if you don't work on stuff youself the cost could get out of hand fast.

5. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

I'm not racing anything so class doesn't matter. The only 'problem' is that it's completely stock, so will feel a little pokey compared to 67 at the wheel on my bike (built by @Kiwi, tuned by @SpeedWerks Racing ).

6. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

cup-bike-sm.jpg
    Not a scam. Guy had an RVF400 NC35 in his brother-in-law's garage and an NSR250 MC28 in his townhouse loft.

Not exactly a living room ornament. Rear brake master is frozen solid. Started on 1st kick but I wasn't getting any warmth in the radiator. Called Steve for a consult. Paraphrasing: "just buy the fucking thing". Transit case filled with spares that requires two people to lift. No idea if they are usable or not. Bolt broken off in one of the spool mounts. I brought a borescope but didn't bother.

At some point, the bike was set up on a Computrack. T4 in the tank. Woodcraft rearsets and clip-ons. Stock heads so I expect the rest of the engine is stock too.

This is 4th in the project line so it will be a while but I couldn't say 'no'.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Glad to hear it worked out. SCORE!

8. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Went trough the transit case today. I have a full disassembled engine with (I think) a blown up gear plus a bunch of random spares. A pair of roached cylinder/heads plus a pair of good cylinder/heads. A pair of unmarked constant rate springs in Aprilia packaging. Unused rods from PROX, who I have never heard of. Receipts for a rebuild kit in 2007. Fun stuff.

rs250-gear-sm.jpg

What are these and do I care?

rs250-springs-sm.jpg

The entire bike is white. I told my over-achieving HS freshman daughter that it's her palette. Actual enthusiasm.

The seat height felt high compared to my MK1, which has an adjustable Penske that I raised already. Pulled it and took a look. Mounting points looked about the same as my MK1 so I threw it on the MK1. Friggin awesome. At least an inch higher. Gotta find another MK2 saddle.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The Challenge Cup bikes came with a 2nd set of springs.

Mike Fennell likes this.
  10. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Member

I met the Pro X guys back in 2000 when I worked for FMF. It's good stuff. Used their pistons on two stroke dirt bikes but never tried their rods.

Mike Fennell likes this.
  11. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

12. wolfie109

wolfie109 Well-Known Member

I'm glad it was legit and that someone got a good deal. Was it up near Greenwood Lake?

13. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

Congrats! That bike came up in one of my random searches for Aprilias and I shared the link with my buddy mattology. I thought to myself it’s so cheap I can’t afford NOT to buy it. But then I remembered all the other demands on my limited resources and I couldn’t figure out how to make peace with that. So I left it as water under the bridge, a good deal for someone else. They’re all project bikes to an extent no matter how nice they present. Yours came with lots of seemingly nice parts. If I ever need something you’ll be on my short list of people to call.

Mike Fennell likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

15. SpeedWerks Racing

upload_2024-3-28_12-45-54.png

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Pm the dude? Because no matter how far i scroll, there’s no dang mito for sale

17. SpeedWerks Racing

Just call him,,allow for (1 hour of redneck rampage) but trust me,It's worth it, please report back...

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Alright, i shall do that. Will help me find out what mine’s worth :D

19. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

It was in Hamburg, NJ. I don' t know where Greenwood Lake is.

20. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

He posted somewhere (RS250 group?) that he was just going to be selling on the Tulsa area craigslist.