1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, you are the one who is delusional. You don't know the instructors or what they do or their abilities, hell you didn't even know they existed.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Compare it to the sports that are popular in the US and compare it to the numbers it draws elsewhere in the world. Either metric shows that no one here gives shit.

AndrewG725 likes this.
  3. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

If it can't kill you, it's not a sport,,,,,,,It's a game.

4. Chazzz

Chazzz Active Member

Pretty sure Netflix is 99% of the reason for that. Netflix made F1 interesting. I'm a fan of all things motorsports, but those races are boring as hell to watch IMO. I watch every episode of Drive to Survive because I get all the highlights, and some of the drama, and a decent story behind the wheel.

Nascar isnt the hillbilly backyard race it used to be, and I personally think that's what is driving people away from watching. Their points system is the stupidest shit I've ever seen. And it seems every year they try harder to make the cars more technical. We don't need another racing series with no passing cause they're too scared to touch each other.

Raise Hell Praise Dale.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Oh man! Is that the one Nick Ienatsch and I led?

Ken

5axis likes this.
  6. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

so you’re conflating full build price + new bike cost vs the sale price of a used bike? Interesting.

7. Chip G

Chip G Active Member

We have WAY more available to us than Joe Bob's

Attached Files:

E Reed and JJJerry like this.
  8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

No fringe allowed however, unless your name is Mike Smith.

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

95 Hp is 5 more than I had when I
    I don’t know. I don’t think you were there. lol one of the dudes from a magazine was arrested for thinking he was Rossi in traffic in a 675.

that was weird to explain to corporate.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

no I’m saying a bike built for 9k prob ain’t gonna run up front against 25k bikes.

11. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Moderator? Wow man, classy response. Good luck with your baggers bud. If MotoA thinking falls in line with what I just read and the attitude thrown at me that's about all you'll have. I may not be an expert, but I know a thing or two about racing and sponsorship from an indycar perspective. And I know some high ups in both Dorna and even MotoA. I have been a guest at numerous events around Europe etc I can tell you right now they DO care about little old fans like me. And even more they want US riders and US market share. Desperately. Hell they want fans in general. They consider sponsorship that is not trade related to be like the holy grail. And I don't think guys like Matt Oaxley , Julian Ryder etc etc to be useless. Again, if you don't care if any US riders ever go supernova that is fine. But many that follow do and I would bet many who race do a lot of daydreaming about it. And even sadder. No US superbike as all the money etc went to baggers? I guess time will tell.

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

This is all fine and good until someone plays Luke Bryan.

L1MTD likes this.
  13. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

Drop the Superbike Cup, then use the Baggers to fill out the Superbike class.

There, everyone’s happy!!!!

14. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

We're y'all this stressed about the 883s when they were around?

15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm still surprised that was allowed. Get that fringe caught up in a wheel or chain during a crash? Uh oh....

16. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

WERA on a 400 as a novice, did ok.

AndrewG725 likes this.
  17. AndrewG725

yeah but I was talking about the price you can buy a used bike for, and comparing it to a used bike that’s for sale for 9k. Never did I say anything about a brand new bike with a fresh build. Very disingenuous comparison…
    I said why would you pay 9k for a Continental gt RE that’s slower than a ninja 400 when you can get a pretty sweet twins bike for 9k. You can get a pretty nice 600 for 9k too.

18. AndrewG725

Probably even more now that I’m adding up all the parts, at full MSRP that’s a lot, probably $30k and idk about labor. But I’m thinking mentally my actual costs with discounts or freebies. Plus I didn’t build it all in one go, but over a few seasons as I gained experience. Add in $4k for a motor rebuild at cost and well…

19. AndrewG725

yeah, duh. So you’re arguing against yourself, since I nowhere said anything like that. Lmfao

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I loved the 883 racing! At the time, they were the most absurd bikes ever raced in a national series. That is no longer true.