1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing. I'm happy HSBK is going to stay in the paddock.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Who is riding the R7’s for Chuck?

evakat likes this.
  3. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Three riders is the intel ATM. Dominic Doyle #25 is the only one announced kinda. Possibly a female from BTR #228. Hinted at Ben Gloddy but that's speculation.

henry_carlson likes this.
  4. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:beer:

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Gloddy has posted that he has a potential spot somewhere, but he needs to secure some sponsorship to make it happen?

henry_carlson likes this.
  6. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

That would be the biggest wastes of a two time Jr cup and twins champ and a SS winner on a shoe string. Arguably one of the best young riders in America. And as I said, if MotoAmerica is not a place where a rider with those credentials can't move up that that is a massive fail for the series. I know it takes money to race, but when a multiple champ shows up and puts it on pole, but can't get a proper ride that says a lot about the true health of a series. It can't just be the bank of Mom and Dad.

Europe and other places have so many programs to help the top riders get ahead. Baggers might be fun for some to watch, but it's a dead end for any serious ambitions. I wouldn't care if Rocco wasn't that talented, but I think he is.

AndrewG725 and L1MTD like this.
  7. Namarow

It's a dead end sides show. Doing the same thing napcar did to roadracing.

tl1098 and L1MTD like this.
  8. Namarow

So here is the thing. Do you want to win or get a bit money? The guy has his whole life ahead to make money. It's investing in his career. What is he 21? If all he wants to do is make some cash riding baggers I have no use for him . I would rather support all the other riders would walk through a minefield to get on a competitive machine.

Like I said in another post. Say you are a great singer songwriter. You're 20 years old. Some place offers you big bucks to be the houseband, play Talyor Swift covers etc. Or some small lable offers you a record deal that has potential. It will be tough, and low pay, but you are amazing and the rewards could be huge. There is no question what I would do. Hell, go back to school in a few years, get a job if it fails but at least you tried. Oh, and you will be 23 then?

It sucks about pay in racing, especially compared to other sports. But how many domestic ss series riders get paid anywhere? They are the under card to what should be Superbikes. That is where I would expect riders to be earning. I never route for a rider every weekend so they can earn good money. I gravitate to people striving and following their passion and showing their amazing talent. I am actually laughing imagining a up and coming rider being interviewed.

Announcer Gregg " Where do you hope this championship takes you ultimately Champ? MotoGP, WSBK maybe a ride in MotoAmerica Superbike someday? "

Rider. " Thanks Greg, yeah, I don't really care as long as I am earning big money!" Hell I'll race scooters if you throw me some bucks!"

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
  9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Write Rocco a check for 150K. That's what a SS ride costs on a top tier team... and throw in another 50k for a salary!

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What programs do they have to help them get ahead?

11. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

The other numbers Chuck posted match Hayden Schultz and Ed Sullivan.

12. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

700 was Ed's number which checks, Hayden was 49 not 228. We'll find out at Daytona unless Chuck says something before.

13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

thanks man

14. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

Would you rather him on the grid past 2024 or should he go hard for a season, run out of money, and not be able to afford a full season ride AGAIN when all the other "paid rides" are still on multi-year contracts? Like you said he's 20 and has an entire career ahead of him so let the kid cook.

AndrewG725 likes this.
  15. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Dominic Doyle, Ed Sullivan and a girl from BTR.

16. henry_carlson

bro this is awesome but if those two goobers (all love) actually listened you wouldnt have had to post this!! Herrin says not even five mins in that he is for sure coming back with that team in motoamerica!!

Once a Wanker.. and mrrogers like this.
  17. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Has Robem made any official announcements for 2024 yet?

18. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I don't think so.

19. henry_carlson

I completely agree with everyone accepting/supporting Rocco is doing what he has to do to have a ride and get some money.

But I also and completely agree with those saying its a waste.

Call me dramatic or whatever but when I read that my stomach dropped and has left me kind of dejected. We have the fucking owner of a moto gp team saying we got 0 prospects in the national series and one of the next up is stuck in the sideshow classes. DAMN thats a bummer

20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Given the current mass exodus from STK1000, Supersport is going to be a dogfight every round.

Suzuka_joe and Namarow like this.