1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

https://www.roadracingworld.com/new...ielding-lewis-nassaney-collins-in-supersport/

Supersport
    1 Rahal Yakov
    2 Rahal Alexander
    3 Rahal Jacobsen
    4 M4 Scott?
    5 M4 Hobbs?
    6 Aussie Dave Dave
    7 Warhorse ?
    8 3D ?
    9 Squid Hunter ?
    10 N2 Blake Davis
    11 Michael Gilbert ?
    12 Disrupt Ventura
    13 North East CR Mazziota
    14 North East CR LaRoche
    15 ? Van
    16 Rodio Gus Rodio
    17 Rodio ?
    18 TOP PRO ?
    19 TOP PRO ?
    20 Altus Lewis
    21 Altus Collins
    22 Altus Nassaney

Boom and koth442 like this.
  2. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the details, I appreciate the response. Now that you mention it, I remember Collins.

Really makes me excited for SSP next year.

3. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

4. Namarow

Getting pretty stacked here! REALLY hope we see Landers still on something good in this list.
    Supersport

1 Rahal Yakov Duc
    2 Rahal Alexander Duc
    3 Rahal Jacobsen Duc
    4 M4 Scott? Suz
    5 M4 Hobbs? Suz
    6 Aussie Dave Dave ?
    7 Warhorse ? Duc
    8 3D ? ?
    9 Squid Hunter ? ?
    10 N2 Blake Davis ?
    11 Michael Gilbert ? ?
    12 Disrupt Ventura ?
    13 North East CR Mazziota ?
    14 North East CR LaRoche ?
    15 ? Van
    16 Rodio Gus Rodio ?
    17 Rodio ? ?
    18 TOP PRO ? ?
    19 TOP PRO ? ?
    20 Altus Lewis ?
    21 Altus Collins ?
    22 Altus Nassaney ?
    23 Hammer Gerardo Suz

Mike Fennell likes this.
  5. koth442

Not sure what team but Van has pretty strongly hinted he'll be on a GSXR750

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Northeast Cycle Outlet is done. CJ will be on a 750 not sure what Mazz is doing.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Going by Xavi Fores FB post, sounds like he doesn't have naything going on for '24.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Were you the one that mentioned that MA wasn't paying out purse money on time? Did that ever get corrected?

9. koth442

That's a bummer. Is HSBK confirmed for this season at all?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Still rooting for Mesa to get a solid ride. He had a strong year.

KneeDragger_c69 and backbone like this.
  11. motodog650

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  12. motodog650

Off Track With Carruthers And Bice Podcast: Catching Up With Josh Herrin - MotoAmerica

"Josh Herrin has been around a long time and he’s hopeful of being around a lot longer. Using his old teammate Josh Hayes for inspiration, Herrin says he would like to race for another 10 years. In 2023, Herrin finished second in the 2023 MotoAmerica Superbike Championship with two wins and 12 podiums on the Warhorse HSBK Racing Ducati NYC Panigale V4 R and although he’s not completely sure what his plans are for 2024, it’s seemingly a lock that he will be on the same team for the coming season. We caught up with Herrin from his home in Murrieta, California, to talk about the seasons past and the year ahead on this week’s episode of Off Track With Carruthers And Bice."

13. koth442

Yikes. Hopefully Warhorse doesn't rage quit. Anything in the rumor mill about their return?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

not surprised HSBK is this way... go look at them historically and you'll see that Bobby has built himself a reputation in the paddock for retaining riders..

15. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

I'll argue that a bit as I've known Bobby for 10+ years. He is quite a quirky dude TBH but the past years and his riders were at Ducati's preferences.
    Bobby and HSBK pay Ducati XX amount and Ducati provides said XX amount of bikes, spares, crew, support and RIDERS. Ducati contracts riders yearly with the riders choice to opt in or out of MotoA the following year. IF Ducati also wants them back here.by
    Ducati sent Zanetti, then the next year Ducati opted in Baz. Zanetti was willing to come back but Ducati said no. Baz opted to go back to WSBK the following year, so Ducati sent Petrucci. BTW, Ducati paid the extra salary for Petrucci that was beyond the agreed HSBK paid portion.
    Danilo and his Ducati wizards couldn't get past the Dunlop tire adaptability thing, plus his mental state with some of our circuits "safety". So he also went back to WSBK and got the seat with Barni Racing. I was told some of the next available Ducati riders were spooked a bit by Petrucci's comments on the tires and tracks, so Ducati was struggling to convince the next wave to come over for 2023.
    That was sorted when Herrin earned the SBK seat by winning the SS championship.
    HSBK are working things out with Ducati and some sub sponsors and an announcement will be along soon.

16. Namarow

This is why I love this forum. Thanks for the info. Glad to hear they should be back. Hopefully in SS too.

Landers just posted on Instagram he is setup for 24. I would LOVE to celebrate that but he said that I would "be suprised" . That sounds a lot like he will be somewhere you would not expect. If that is a superbike then how cool. If that is on a bike that looks like it delivers mail then Moto A will have lost it a lot clout as a feeder league. Fingers crossed its the former.

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I heard a rumor hsbk dropped SS and will run 2 SBKs in 2024.

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

the rumor is a bagger and a twin for Rocco

AndrewG725, Circacee, Gino230 and 2 others like this.
  19. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

As a fan, I hate BOTH of those options.

Sooo, is this now 3-4 seasons on a twin which he won like 3 years ago, plus on a bagger - while fun to watch and I appreciate the budgets and R&D thrown at them - ugh - not where the most talented up and comer should be sitting IMO as a spectator/fan of the sport.

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

No. Rocco rode twins in 2020, then 2 years on his own R6, then back on a twin in 2023 when nothing else came up..
    Sometimes you have to go where you can get a paycheck. So if there are no offers for paying rides in SS and SBK, oh well, jump on the grocery getter and get paid. I said this before, there are at most 5 paid SS riders, probably more like 3. Pretty sad but it is what it is...