1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Well, that's a downer

2. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I miss that track and that corner especially. You could make a lot of passes through there.

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

This too.

When I was in Wisconsin I had a bunch of cruiser/Harley/adventure riding coworkers ready to make the 3hr ride to the Road America. Unfortunately something came up at work last second that prevented the trip.

But guys who weren't the least bit interested in road racing got interested real quick when I started showing them bagger highlights and talked up the family atmosphere, food, kids racing (junior cup and the smaller kids at the little track) and the other events like the stunt shows and the parade lap.

Now that I'm in Tennessee I'm planning another work trip for rounds within driving distance.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
    YamahaRick likes this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Why not both? :D

I crashed a lot of shit in my day but I’m no MM for sure :)

I got so good at rebuilding bikes during red flags that I thought that was a normal part of racing :D

5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

funny dead bear story…

An older gentleman racer friend asked for my help going faster at Putnam… he could win amateur races but had plateaued… he was dog shit slow in dead bear and not taking the right line… I showed him a few times and followed him and we pitted and I told him again… he had just got a brand new set of all white shiny $2k Dainese leathers… I showed him then waved him passed to follow him and he starts his same slow ass constant radius arc and I had enough room and time to go by him and show him again… except for his left leg…. I stuck my front tire on his hip and striped his entire leg black while changing his trajectory and taking outside to jump the curbs properly:D

he had to pit and clean out his pants :) I told him “see you can do it!” He never asked for my help again :D

I do have patience with kids though and our youth program turned out the youngest ever AMARRGNC a decade later at Putnam again after I coached him all day… good times there

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

The brain is a little foggy, but didnt Colin also have Todd Harrington’s zx6 when he swept the ROC and GNF as a novice?

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don’t remember there being a Kawasaki in his pits but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t. I remember the RC30 and the TZ250 (I think is was one of Klementich‘s bikes).

backbone and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Yep, them and Z Custom lasted forever

SundaySocial likes this.
  9. Chazzz

Chazzz Active Member

Let’s get this thread back on topic.

Attached Files:

10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Rahal making quite the statement coming into MotoA.

I like it.

Gino230, Namarow, koth442 and 2 others like this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

can’t remember if it was you or AOD that I saw that had a 4x4 piece of pegboard with all the spare parts zip tied to it. I thought it was genius. Then I thought, oh f@ck he must crash alot if he’s that organized

voss555 and 27 like this.
  13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Seems like with that stable, returning to SBK in 2025 will be pretty easy

koth442 likes this.
  14. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

So Rahal is going to have 4 Ducati V2 bikes next year?

15. Michael Bassani

Michael Bassani Well-Known Member

The departure of Tytler's was brutal to see, but it's good to know that 2/3 riders have a seat somewhere next year. Rahal/Spies are not fucking around.

AndrewG725 likes this.
  16. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

pJ
    Kayla
    Corey

whos #4?

17. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I don't know. I was genuinely asking. When I saw the PJ and Corey stories today, I thought they were both "in addition to" the 2 riders that were initially announced last month. But I guess PJ was apart of that announcement. So it's just those 3 then?

18. Michael Bassani

Michael Bassani Well-Known Member

It is just the 3.

Coincidentally, Graham was just on Off Track and the video was posted an hour ago.

19. PeaPod

PeaPod Well-Known Member

So it appears Ben Gloddy does not have a ride with Rodio Racing in 2024. This kid deserves a redemption ride to make up for the unfortunate time off last season. He is a top rider and should be in the series on some good equipment.

AndrewG725, mgiossi and Namarow like this.
  20. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Is that official? Last I saw, JD was testing a Tytlers BMW.

Namarow likes this.