1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Reviews.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Oct 24, 2023.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

What a coincidence.....I was just watching a CNBC segment talking about the $1.5T auto loan crisis in the US. During part of the segment they were talking about how Toyota financial services is the largest lender in the US currently and that they were subject to a couple of these types of "discrimination" type lawsuits when in reality it was likely that all the folks that were "discriminated" against simply had both poor credit and lack of self-awareness and you get what you get.

https://www.mass.gov/news/ag-campbe...in-toyota-motor-credit-corporation-settlement
    https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-toyota-settlement-20160202-story.html

But yeah, we live in litigious times and people will sue for any frivolous BS they think they can get away with.

R1M370 and BigBird like this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I see this alot on Yelp reviews of restaurants/bars/nightclubs as well.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

That's where we respectfully disagree and i am fully able to admit you're probbaly most likely right. However, my mind cannot comprehend that. I like to see responses and explanations then I can form my opinion which still may be wrong.

MachineR1, YamahaRick and gt#179 like this.
  4. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I read some of it. I think you’re fine. The good reviews heavily outweigh the negative. Also, everyone knows there are customers who are a PIA. At this point I’d just move on.

5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

This.

Or, "Fuck You"....:crackup:

R1M370 likes this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Reply:
    "So, you give a customer a break and don't call the police after
    catching them trying to open the cash register and then finding
    several hundred dollars of merchandise hidden in their clothing
    and this is the kind of thanks you get."

It's just a general statement that doesn't say anywhere that the
    author of that review did any such thing. People can draw their
    own conclusions.

Banditracer likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

"We actually have 3 minority employees but they hardly ever
    show up for work, maybe you can give us some tips on how
    to lure them into the store on workdays, ma'am".

This is kinda fun, polite, cheerful curmudgeonliness.

Gino230, Banditracer and Lawdog78 like this.
  8. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I used to let Google Reviews really bother me, now not so much. Get the occasional bad one, normally over stuff out of my control or unrealistic expectations. Some people you just cant make happy and complaining is in their nature.

auminer, cav115, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Anytime your business performs a service for the public you're open to anyone's bad attitude, ignorance, moodiness, or meanness.

TurboBlew, BigBird and Banditracer like this.
  10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Some of these people you don't want their business anyways. Fuck em.

I watched my buddies wife throw away 3 filet mignons in a row at his restaurant one night, for take your guess of race female, minimum of 200lbs overweight, finally my buddies wife said to her "mam, we have come to the realization that not only can we not make you happy, we do not want your business. You're welcome to cash out your bar tab and leave"

I'm sure she went on social media later to fly her race victim card

I feel sooooooo bad for people in the restaurant business.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So what you're saying is that the only information you have is that she was an asshole and you just extrapolated that into her later making claims that the restaurant was racist? Because she's "take your guess of race"?

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

She was already crying victim before she walked outta the restaurant

That's what this whole thread is about. Shouldn't even have to happen. Victims that are not actual victims turing on someone that did nothing wrong. It's bullshit. If you've never had this happen to you, you are lucky.

I'm sorry you didn't watch your good friend throw 3 perfectly good steaks in a trash can so he could break even on the next 5 tables after losing his ass on her.

Sounds like your feelings are hurt.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Again, you have only described an asshole. Own your shit.
    By the way, you're the one getting all emotional about watching your friends throw out 3 steaks and you're talking about my feelings? Priceless.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Those 3 steaks ended up on someone else's plates....

BC likes this.
  15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

We have a special on the Petite Filet tonight.........

Razr likes this.
  16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Businesses need to remember, you can fire customers. I've got a list on the wall in the office of people I won't work for. Finally convinced a friend of mine that runs a car garage that you can do it. He used to put up with way too much bullshit from people trying to fuck him over. Now he has a list too. He'll call me once in a while and tell me " I just fired a customer " all proud of himself. :crackup:

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Re: The steaks...She no doubt cut a piece of each one for her rejection.

18. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

You posting up reminded me of this 2 star review left on a local auto repair shops Google review page I saw recently...

Some people are just impossible, I can just imagine this phone call.

"I didn't have any work done at this establishment, however I did call to attempt to get a ball park estimate about repairs I needed done on my son's 2011 Chevy Camaro. I already knew what was wrong with the car, and I told the person I was talking to on the phone that. I am very mechanically inclined, and I am certified in motorcycle repair. I would repair the car myself if I had a lift. He wouldn't give me any idea what the repair might cost, he would only say bring it in, and I will look at it. Well I know that wouldn't be free, and I already knew what was wrong, and I knew what the parts would cost, I was just interested in a ball park labor amount. My main complaint was that he needs to brush up on his people skills. Not really customer oriented. Hopefully others are having better experiences, but it just turned me away from doing business with them."

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I've never had a bad filet mignon. Perhaps I need to be more particular.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I never not finished a bad one, I can say that.

"This food is terrible.....and the portions are too small as well!"

Sabre699 likes this.