1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Reviews.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

My wife n I (with some 8 friends) went to a popular chain restaurant that is known for their beer. Rhymes with DJ. ;)

The food was so bad so I got on Google reviews for that location only and described everything. 2 days go by and the store manager called me to apologize. I was shocked. Gave me a $50 credit via email and that saved that restaurant in my book. We went to a closer location and the food/service was great. The server actually told us they heard that location was struggling bigtime. I said yeah...we ain't going back there again. :Puke:

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I’ve made that phone call recently.

And gotten the same bullshit “oh bring it in and we’ll diagnose it and let you know what it will cost to fix.”

This is a business that I used once before on my 05 Ram, who couldn’t diagnose the problem. Hey, I couldn’t diagnose it either, so no harm no foul. Figured it out when I finally threw injectors in to discover the transfer tube nuts were loose on the back two cylinders.

They were acquired by some new owners, and when I called for a quote on getting my new box van repaired, a common and well documented problem that requires more time and space than I have, and was told they only give estimates after they’ve diagnosed the vehicle (for whatever that costs).

So now I’ll be limping it four hours away to a shop that knows this problem inside out and could give me a ballpark price.

BigBird and StaccatoFan like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You sometimes get to see some people's worst side when you bring them a piece of meat with too much or not enough blood.
    I have never had to return food of any kind in a restaurant. But I've had food delivered to my home that I would have returned had I been in the restaurant.

bpro likes this.
  4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

My friend that runs the car shop gets people all the time that want to bring in the parts they can get off amazon and have him install them. That get's them fired.

5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

The next day's menu: Filet Mignon Soup

Gino230 likes this.
  6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

He "already knew what was wrong"..... and "knew what the parts would cost". :crackup:

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I have to wonder where you're eating... I've had bad ones at a wide range of places, but it's usually at your Texas Roadhouse level of "steakhouse". If I get a bad piece of meat that was $50+ I'm damn sure complaining

8. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

The customer is not always right, but they are always a customer.

Used2befast likes this.
  9. Used2befast

Yep, and how you manage their complaints will determine if they STAY your customer

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

It would take a certain amount of effort to screw up filet mignon, not to say that it can't be done. As is true of a few different things, the worst I've ever had was still pretty good.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My favorite is the super-duper famous internet influencer who is going to publicly denounce your service to all 27 of his followers.

Tear ass, pal. :rolleyes:

tony 340 likes this.
  12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

No, she took bites out of each one.

In the house I grew up in we didn't throw away meat. If it was old we gave it to the dogs , but never in the trash. That was a living creature at one point. Their restaurant was so busy at that point they'd trash it they didn't have time to manage that. Was mostly fine dining.

Here's another one. About 3 years ago, I'm busy as fuck, all my guys are as well. We put an ad out for a driver.

About a week later a guy replies. I answer and say you can meet me at the end of the day or 5a.m. I'm usually onsite with my guys all day, I'll be a few days is that cool, and when I have a short day we will go for a test drive. These are big trucks with stick shifts. I have to road test

He answers and says yes.

So about a week goes by and I get this nasty email about why I don't hire people of color and all this bullshit.

I'd never even met this guy

This shit is terrible in the City. Terrible

13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

To make it worse Google labels those assholes as "local guide"

14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I wonder if a day will ever come where the "victims" of racism ever come to grips with the fact they're the racists.
    Prolly not...oh well.

notbostrom, Sabre699 and YamahaRick like this.
  15. nowayout

nowayout Well-Known Member

@Robby-Bobby just left you a review. Looks like a great shop.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  16. nowayout

nowayout Well-Known Member

You can thumbs down the bad review maybe that will help. Not sure

17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

26lchk (1).jpg

auminer likes this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Gino230 and ToofPic like this.
  19. Used2befast

Spoken by, some say, John Lydgate and then adopted by A. Lincoln

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

BigBird likes this.
  20. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the dude that left us a three star review after calling wanting a price for a engine for his 1978 slant six Aspen… They had already pulled the motor, I ball parked it at 4-5k out the door but told him I would have to call Jasper and check on what the long block cost, but I really didn’t want to do it since it was already apart. He says he just wants the Engine, they’ll put it in themselves. I tell him we don’t do that, we are a repair shop, say goodbye and hang up The phone.
    He complains that I hung up on him and need to improve my people skills. Hell this is the improved version. The Old me would have not been nearly as nice.