1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

I hope he comes back. unfortunately I know sam was hurt but he didn't exactly leave winning races. Not saying it cant be done but unless he has some money to bring with him or willing to ride for a lot less not sure where he is going to go unless he is going to fund his own program. Its hard for guys that have won national races to get rides much less someone that is pretty much two years removed. again not saying it cant be done look at hayden he was away for a couple of years and theres a few others but i do hope he is able to come back.

koth442 and 418 like this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

You know, I thought that this was the future a while back- but Superbike seems to have grown, and Stock 1000 was kind of pushed to the side by MotoAmerica, as they had fewer rounds this year. Stock 1000 has huge entry lists and I think that will continue, as it's the only class where a basic race prep of a stock bike (without engine mods) is competitive. Every other class (besides JR Cup) needs something special- motor work, electronics, etc.

I look at the money being spent in Baggers and have to think that there's more out there for Superbike programs- if we could only pry it out of the greedy corporate hands! Yeah, Yeah, I know, motorcycle sales are shit, etc.

Namarow and 5axis like this.
  3. 392

392 Well-Known Member

Sam’s family has money and they funded his racing even when on HSBK & M4.

TBH, anyone on this forum could race MA if they’re willing to pay. Half would probably qualify as well given how lenient it is.

4. Hartluck36

well if thats the case then he should have no problem coming back and I hope to see him back. Didnt know that he funded his ride at m4 and hsbk.

no disagreement with the last statement as well. If you got the money you can get a ride.

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I thought I read on his Insta that he was going to Paramedic school?

6. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Matt Maladin to the bagger series.

kirk erlinger and Circacee like this.
  7. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly he was progressing quite rapidly. He had only starting riding a few years before he was running at the front of Supersport. I was interested to see his continued progression.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

In one of the On The Throttle videos with him and Hannah they joked about that.

10. Hartluck36

I didnt say he wasnt good or fast but he wasnt winning races when he left. essentially a year and a half off its going to be hard to comeback and run at the pointy end of the stick right off. My comment was more about someone saying he was suppose to comeback. But I didnt know his family funded his racing so he can comeback whenever he wants to if he is going to fund his own rides. It was never about his riding abilities.

Rising and 418 like this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:stupid:

When Tyler made it to AMA, my sister was really impressed that he was "PRO". I told her in motorcycle racing, if you have a little talent, and a big enough checkbook, anyone can be a pro.

Unlike my nephew, Cole Cook in baseball. He is a semi-pro pitcher in the minor leagues and it is really hard to turn pro in baseball and actually make it. He was the pitcher of the week and another time this season the player of the week. He even led the league in innings pitched and the lowest ERA. He also the most strikeouts. Here is a cool one minute highlight of a game he had last month.

Gino230, 27 and 5axis like this.
  12. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Welp this silly season is a downer.

North Eastern Cycle is not coming back however, Ken Hill said they are still going to field a team tho.

Disrupt Racing is also rumored to be going away.

418 and Circacee like this.
  13. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

AO's shop is around the corner from my workplace. They run a fun IMSA program and I heard they are planning on moving up into prototypes next season.
    They run in the top 10 in a class of about 10 ( GTDAm)
    If the owner was into bikes it would be pocket change. And that is what is needed, owners/riders who have lots of pocket change.
    https://www.forbes.com/profile/pj-hyett/?sh=30722fed3845
    Therefore
    All superbikes need to be owned/ riden by tech billionairs.

Let everyone else play in stock 1000

roxy.jpg

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Honestly, it's not even that. MotoAmerica really isn't much more expensive to run than WERA. What it takes is people. It's almost impossible with even one crew member having to haul warmers and a genny in and out to the grid on the non-quick starts. At Barber we fielded four riders in STK 1000 and it was a bear with 6 people.

15. raven433

raven433 Old and Slow

evakat and 418 like this.
  16. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Greg gave some speed rumors on the podcast today.

Some superbike teams going, some superbike teams staying, superbike teams that wont be superbike teams anymore, some superstock teams becoming superbike teams and a superbike team becoming a bagger team or adding a bagger.

And maybe two additional baggers races

17. 392

392 Well-Known Member

Wrong. I can club race for a fraction of the cost of what it would take for me to do a MA round. It’s not even close.

backbone, koth442 and 5axis like this.
  18. GreaseMuunkey

GreaseMuunkey New Member

Exactly, it takes people. We had 4 riders in COTA and we used every spare hand we could find to help. Especially when we entered the superbike race.

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I was an idiot thinking I could solo as a SuperHooligan, and even with a friend AND quick start procedure extra hands would have been awesome.

koth442 likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It may now be different than when we ran? IMO only the entry fees for ama were cheaper and I agree with @392

More Expensive
    • Number of crew required to shelp things back and forth to the grid, “for the show”.
    • Tavel expenses all across the country
    • Hauling expenses all across the country
    • Way more tires needed per race weekend
    • Special fuel needed vs. pump gas at club races
    • Backup bike, because after you send $2-5k getting there you have to race if possible.
    • Extra time off work for long distance traveling
    • More frequent motor rebuilds, because everyone is on it.
    • More frequent suspension servicing…same reason
    Having said all of that, we did get some more financial sponsorship help at the AMA level versus the club level.

Also it was nice to actually run 15-20 laps on a set of tires and really use them. Versus a 4-6 lap sprint race and knowing the tires, even on warmers, will be slower for the next 4-6 lap sprint race.