1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Max Van is done with Jr. Cup (think he posted that he is selling his jr cup ride)

A "new team or two" are looking to enter Superbike series - people seem to think its Factory Honda (they approached Stanboli and he declined) and a consumer Ducati team.

Michael Hill teased some "big name" is entering the baggers series.

Bummer about Orange Cat and Tytlers, IK we have a team member for Orange cat on here, wonder if he can comment.
    • It was confirmed Cam B signed a 2 year deal so maybe there is hope after all
    Dallas Daniels said he is confirmed for flat track and not road racing next year while JD is out of contract. I wonder what will happen with Estenson and if they will want to run in two series.

Namarow likes this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

1 R3 - Aiden Sneed on Melissa's team

Gino230 likes this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Nice meeting you last weekend Gino!

Gino230 likes this.
  4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Maybe the BMW pulling back funding has to do with the "stop sales" on all BMW motorcycles for emissions or something. Who knows.. When does season start? March or later?

5. grasshopper

6. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I'm falling into the make superstock the premier class and ditch the high cost per second gains of a superbike.
    . If you want to play in that deep $ pond WSB is available to you.
    Baggers and superstock for top billing and twins for support.

L1MTD and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Tytlers is a Duc dealer as well, so maybe if BMW pulls out there is still hope.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Was BMW even giving them support? Everything I’ve heard about BMW in racing is you’re lucky if they give you a discount on parts.

9. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

I would think bmw was supporting them being they gave cam a Wsb frame or swingarm earlier in the year. Your privateers ain’t getting one of those.

koth442, Boman Forklift and BC like this.
  10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

If Tytlers pulls out and there isn’t a replacement team with good machinery and rider, SBK will be a waste of time. Once Cam B was out I could barely find the interest to watch. And I watch all races of every series! I like Jake G, but they are competing in a very small pond so it’s hard to really be impressed.

sharky nrk and 5axis like this.
  11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

You were flying on that SV- no pun intended. Good to meet you. You and @assjuice cyrus in the same garage- crazy

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  12. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I believe they were getting technical support and parts from Alpha.

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Cant have a series without Superbikes.
    How else are America riders supposed to learn the electronics before the big stage.

They use to have a pretty decent contingency until last year.
    They did help us in getting a new M1000RR, not with price, but you couldnt find them anywhere at a dealership, they had some allocated for racers only.

Namarow likes this.
  14. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I don’t disagree, but I’m not sure how MA or the manufacturers make money based on how many people make the move to the world stage. Maybe having Americans in WSBK increases interest in MA, but I would think American bike sales and American accessories sales are more important to advertisers and companies and to MotoAmerica.

At the end of the day, MA and the teams have to pay the bills and hopefully have some profit left over at the end of the season. If they can’t put compelling racing out there in SBK (if BMW drops out and no one really challenges Attack), then they would have to look at other class structures to get close racing and compelling content.

SundaySocial and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

You really like giving people shit about everything. You call them names and who made you the one in charge?
    Everyone has an opinion let them post it

418 likes this.
  16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

We werent in the same garage but
    You should ask @grasshopper about when we were together at bw3…..:crackup::crackup::beer:

17. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

And how is that going?

stk0308 and Circacee like this.
  18. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Thought Sam Lochoff was coming back in '24 too?

19. grasshopper

When was I flying on a SV and when was I sharing a garage with AssJuice?

Oh god... you are an asshole but that was a good time hanging out with you.

20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I was referring to the fact that I met you while we were all standing in the Parc Ferme garage.

I want to know what happened at BW3. I drove right past it and went to Longhorn, sounds like I may have missed out.