Hey man, slow down and think.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 3, 2020.

1. sdg

sdg *

I'm sorry. PM me if you want to chew someone's ear.

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That sucks, sorry for what you are dealing with.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Really sorry, man.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry man

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I HATE this thread. I like that we’re trying but hate that we have to try. My stomach turns every which way when I see it bump up.
    CB, I love you like family. We’ve never met but we speak offline. You need anything, you got it.

tomorrow is sept 1 and if you have a kid or know a kid looking to recruit for a sport into D1 you know what it means. Reach out to see how the athletes you know how they are doing.

motion and Senna like this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’m sorry, man. Even if you weren’t close, it’s still difficult to deal with the fallout, especially if ones you love are suffering.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:(

Sorry, brother

8. Appreciate it gents, wasn’t looking for sympathy was more just making my point from many months ago. Just didn’t think I’d be proving it though. Taking her life is her choice and so be it, I’ll sleep at night with that. Leaving as many loose ends as she did is not acceptable and when you think about it it tarnishes any legacy you left behind. Money for the funeral is not a problem for my folks, dealing with all that is a problem. That’s the selfish bs you just don’t do. Then after you plan all the shit the kick in the nuts is you get the bill. Like I said it’s not the value of the money it’s the principle here. Thankfully I had some miles left but still was a decent amount last minute, rent a car for 3-5 days. Still up trying to wrap up some work shit so someone else can present it for me tomorrow and it’s something I speak to every quarter but you have to be pretty well versed in the details (I keep presentations simple but know the fine details in case one of them throws a curve ball question )
    Thankfully staying at a buddies who also just happens to have a 21 or 22 Wrangler (certainly not done up like mine but hey) oh and a 22 Camaro ZL1 that I’ll use when I want. I don’t beat the crap out of other peoples stuff unless they are with me or the like. And my step dad has a 2021 Trackhawk LEASE (use it or lose it Chrysler retirement benefits towards a new car every 3 years so it doesn’t cost him much. That thing I abuse the shit out of and he doesn’t care. When I roll up in a Corolla or similar rental they will see who the boss is though.

9. Ya, some kids who have certain expectations will not have a good day while others get chance of a lifetime and hopefully they make the best of it.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, very sorry to read this. Good on you to be there for your mom regardless of your personal feelings.

RRP likes this.
  11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

So sorry CB.
    May she rest in peace.

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Ugh. Thinking about you today.

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That sucks on many levels. Sorry to hear that, sir.

14. Blu Flag

Blu Flag Well-Known Member

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

It all sucks. I think most would prefer to disappear and never be thought of again. When you get to that point you just don't realize what you are leaving behind for others to deal with.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its probably worth another thread. I'm in the middle of a crisis of my collecting, and have been making trips to the dump lately, tying up the loose ends, or at least starting to.

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Little strokes fell great oaks.

My favorite poem.

18. The loose ends left are unreal, just starching the surface. Doesn’t help that between my mom and nieces/ nephews it’s the pity party Olympics. I just keep trying to be supportive and positive while keeping my comments to myself. Sat my two nephews down for a stern blunt talk yesterday. Gave them the ole “this can bring you down or make you stronger, doesn’t mean you aren’t allowed to be sad but life won’t care in 10 years from now that you stalled out feeling sorry for yourself”. Out of context but you get the point. I was in their shoes so like I told them I can’t tell that how to feel or how they feel but told them how I felt and how I used it to ensure my outlook on life is the way it is. If they need guidance or help I’m here, if they want pity I’m not and don’t call me. This is where my mom fails and she feeds into it.
    Positive note, have this to drive while I’m here. Yes I have awesome friends.

Attached Files:

Phl218, HPPT, cpettit and 1 other person like this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How fast will it go?:D

Yzasserina likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How old are the kids?