1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey man, slow down and think.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 3, 2020.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

@motoboy The only thing that I can offer is that you be with that kid as many hours of a day as possible. I didn't do that with 3 daughters, my brain is not built like theirs. What I assumed were mole hills were literally life threatening in theirs.

2. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Thanks. I am learning that. I have spent as much time as possible with her since birth.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey there, remember me? We're here and we didn't forget. :)

We're 10 days in and it's Men's mental health month.

Reach out to someone, call someone, we love you. :) 1-800-273-8255

4. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Yeah it's it's a hard subject for many I've been on both sides lost an uncle who is a great touching human being would be one of everybody's favorite people.
    I always wondered why and thought it was such a waste he was in his late fifties at the tim
    And four years ago when I lost my wife I was in the exact same position he was sometimes when something hits you is really nothing that nobody else could do I easily very easily could have checked out I certainly thought about it many times of all things my little dog unequivocally saved my life I couldn't do it to him LOL and my mother.
    Sometimes you just had enough and I'm sure it's that way with a lot of people I know many old people who refuse Medical Care my mother-in-law was 1 in 96 she could have had dialysis lived she was like hell no she's all screw it I've been around long enough the woman was in great health other than your kidneys she'd had enough even if you had a good life sometimes enough's enough?

Jed and jrsamples like this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Once again, thanks for the reminder. I have posted before that anybody that is looking down the wrong end of a dark tunnel can feel free to give me a call. But, since then my number has changed so here it is, for reals. seven one 5 44 zero 1315.
    I am not an expert on anything mental health, but have a ton of experience with it from my days as a school admin, so I am a good listener.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's going to be a rough winter.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

FWIW, my daughter was having some issues she needed to think through and found an online service that used Zoom or some other semi-face to face. Perhaps not ideal, but it helped her. I can try to find out the name of the services if anyone needs it.

8. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

iomfan likes this.
  10. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

The holidays can be challenging for a lot of reasons.

I totally agree on the artist's contribution. Wanted to share here in case someone wanted to share.

Much appreciate the diverse group here.:bow:

jrsamples likes this.
  11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Just lost a buddy yesterday and I'm still at a loss for words trying to come to grips with it. A truly one of a kind guy. Giant group of friends, always the life of the party. If you met him, you'd most likely never forget him.

Pick up a phone and call a friend. The past couple years have been tough on a lot of people. :(

12. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Dan,sorry for your loss.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I’m so sorry for your loss Dan.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  14. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss Dan.

I lost someone very similar almost a year ago. He too was bigger than life….helped me in so many ways and never asked for anything in return….thought he’d live to be 100+ years. Still hard to believe he’s gone. As days go by it becomes easier but still miss those 300+ mile rides.

tony 340 and Dan Dubeau like this.
  15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m so sorry Dan.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Really sorry for your loss :(

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for his friends and family.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Sorry for your loss, Dan.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Sorry man...

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Thanks. This is going to be a tough one. Been trying to stay busy and keep my mind off it, but everytime I stop and think about it I start leaking.

Ever want to give someone a hug and punch them in the face at the same time, but you can't do either?