1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absurd Rivian Motors valuation

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, Feb 3, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Same conclusion for me... The Rivian is better in nearly every category but costs $7K less, so it gets the win. Amazing.

4. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Rivian shall be delivering to the countries door steps in the near future. Don't sleep on them. ;)

5. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

First thing I thought as well.

Some Ford butt-kissing going on there.

I have an F150 (ICE) and I think it's a great truck, but I'm only loyal till something better comes along. Based solely on what they wrote in the article, the Rivian would get the nod from me. How they came to the conclusion the Lightning is better seems a bit odd.

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It depends on what you need / want in an electric truck. If you regularly take trips with 4 to 5 adult sized people and the extra space in the F-150 cabin becomes a huge benefit. If you need that 5.5 ft bed volume / length that could be huge too. The better auto-driving is a plus to for many of the people that would be looking to buy an electric truck. Most buyers don't care about the off-road stuff, so that goes out the window. It all comes down to which truck suits you best and if you read the article, that will likely become clear to each buyer. If are in the market for one of these and just see that the Ford won so you buy it, well you might get the wrong truck, but it won't be MTs fault.

7. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I don’t disagree with you but you have to see the amount of videos and shorts on MotorTrend’s Youtube channel on Rivian. It’s absurd. They must also get a ton of ad money from Rivian too.

8. ChemGuy

Agree. But in the article they are like Rivian, Rivian, Rivian....and then in the pros/cons when they declare the Ford the better truck...PRO: It drives better than a normal F150?!?!? Big cabin. Robust charging?!?! Uh it charges slower than the Rivian. It drives worse than the Rivian.
    The only thing its better is its big. A big steaming pile of FERD.

So much bias.....cancel Motortrend....

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Strange coincidence... saw my first ever Rivian here in Red Lodge at the public charging station. I lost a lot of $$$ on Rivian stock. F$%CK RIVIAN

10. backbone

backbone scarred for life

It's going to come back I'd bet. Actually I have bet that. I bought stock recently lol

motion likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

Diamond Hands Muther Trucker. I'm holding it till its green or ZERO...FTW!!!!!

motion likes this.
  12. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

i saw one recently, but ugly grocery getter.