1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Won't be tonight but I'll pull the cover in the morning and get you what you need.

G Dawg likes this.
  2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Good that he can help.
    I think there are others also { I sold mine and went with Simcube} but I know he will be your best choice.
    Have you joined the Sim X owners forum ?

3. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Thank you thank you thank you. Maybe it fried the box but I kind if doubt it. I've been without for quite a while, so no rush. I just appreciate the help

4. merle4

Yeah, I joined the forums, but didn't get much in the way of help. All just send it back.

5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I have one as well, but I won't be back at my rig for a few days.

6. Venom51

The cable is a simple flat 4 cable pinned as a straight through cable. If you have matched the pin out on each end then it should work. It's simply a coiled USB extension. Take the undamaged end and use it as a map for the damaged end and put a new connector on it. If the button box fails to work then the IO board in the box may have been damaged as well.

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Shut up @Pittenger5 :D

Hi Kenny!

Hope all had a good Christmas.

8. Venom51

Fark you Fraley...:D

9. merle4

I guess I needed to be more clear. the plug I'm referencing is inside the wheelbase itself. It is the connection on the back of the RF12 jack in the front of the base. There are 6 wires going to it. When the coil cord jammed, it tugged the jack hard and disturbed those wires. I'm thinking I may not have gotten the wires back in the correct spots. Simx says it has to go back to them if the jack is damaged. The jack still holds the coil cord firmly and has continuity on all six wires from the wheel end of the coil cord (new btw) down through the base and to the output of the cable into the contoller box. The plug pin layout is something like this:
    Wires enter plug
    X X X
    X X X

Ive got:

Orange White Black
    Yellow Green Red

It probably fried the controller box, I'm just in denial and trying to fix it myself to save the downtime of sending it to Simx

Thanks for your help guys

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Pics would be helpful

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I had to send my control box and base back to them . Total down time was 10 days including transit back & forth.
    If you're really jonesing, I have an old Clubsport Base & F1 wheel you could borrow.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sooo.....my buddy got into sim racing and went ALL out. probably a new car worth of equipment. I tried his setup, motion is meh, VR is a vomit waiting to happen after a lap or 2, but the wind speed simulator, that was awesome.

Well I've been playing Gran Turismo on/off the last month or so, and realizing my Playseat Evolution really sucks for getting the right seat/wheel adjustments, so I ordered a new GT Omega Prime 8020 rig and it's going to be delivered next week it looks like. I also repurposed my son's old computer with a 2060 after we bricked his bios, and loaded up AC and ACC. Also got a set of T-LCM pedals for my T300RS GT, but it hurts my knee, I'm guessing due to the seating position to start with and just bad ortho on my part. So back to the old pedals for now.

TL;DR....any of y'all play anything else other than iRacing, I don't want no subscription. I had two subscriptions before and bought cars and tracks, but rarely used it. Also, iRacing is a bit too much over my head with all the setup stuff.

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I pay $50 a year for set ups through Craigs Set Up shop. Right now I am running in a league that is a fixed Ferrari set up league. Iracing has also added a bunch of fixed set up series for official races, including GT3 cars as well as LMP2 cars. IRacing has also received an update where you can race against AI cars as well. While I have AC and ACC, I just don't play them. For all the faults iRacing has, IMO it is still the better sim.

As always, if I can help, let me know.

BigBird and code3ryder like this.
  14. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

How good/fun are the ai races? Does it affect sr?

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Ai is def getting better. I enjoy them as a jump in and go.
    Only downsides is its tough to find a skill level that matches.
    And they rarely ever make mistakes, other than glitch crashes, so it's tough to feel like you're working up through the field.

And no, doesn't affect SR.

600 dbl are and code3ryder like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

G Dawg likes this.
  17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Ditching the VR for a while . Samsung G29 . Love it Resize G29 (2).jpg

18. Venom51

You mean ditching VR so I don't have to sit with goggles on my head and suffer inferior image quality. :D

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm assuming you meant "So I don't have to ......
    I was hopeful before Covid that there would be some higher quality VR coming.
    Plus I wanted to get a 3090TI to see if it made an improvement.
    That's not happening any time soon.
    But you're right, huge difference in image quality. I can now find my markers and able to hit track limits.

20. Venom51

It'll be good someday...we just aren't there yet.

G Dawg likes this.