1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 29, 2021.

1. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

I dont think Rea would know what to with all those extra revs if he jumped to motogp.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Rea on a Petronas Yamaha. He's gotta have enough money socked away by now, that if he was offered a factory supported package he'd probably take it, no?. What does he have left to prove in WSBK? Could he become the first to win a 'ship in both?

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If a crazy season like last year happened then yes, other than that I doubt he could win a championship.

4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Sounds like horseshit reporting TBH. Rea signed really early in the season last year (after round 1?), that doesn't really track with him "shopping himself around".

BigBird and MyWayGuy like this.
  5. noles19

Contracts don't really mean anything if someone wants out, and kawi would be dumb not to let Rea go to go with all the success he's given them.
    I doubt he'll go to gp, but the contract won't be the deciding factor imo

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rea is 34 and realistically, is on the down slope of his career. He has 4, 5 or 6 years to make his cash to retire on without injury.

If he stays with Kawasaki in WSBK he has many years beyond his racing career as the face of Kawasaki. He bails, takes a huge cut in pay to fart around top 10 (if he's lucky) and then what after he's done?

Rea is not a fool, he's not going to race for Yamaha in motogp, WSBK or anything.

7. noles19

Right not saying he will, just saying the contract won't stop him.
    Then again with his life style I doubt the money is the biggest factor with him.

8. Larry Denning

Larry Denning Well-Known Member

I think we were on the way to a Yamaha Contingency race @ a ridiculous little track in Memphis back in 1999.

jonathanp likes this.
  9. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I actually liked some of that track haha

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Haven't y'all herd? Kawasaki is coming back to GP with Rea and Toprak as the riders.

As long as we are just making crap up :beer:

henry_carlson, Quicktoy and MachineR1 like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

His wife loves expensive shoes #justsayin :Poke:

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Why would she be any different than every wife in the history of the universe?

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Not all wives are the same. And, in his Instagram he's always mentioning her shoes, etc. So money may be a factor if he was to get a bigger paycheck

~sent from mobile

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think he's gotten to the point where he's pretty content making big money while only being away from home 13 weekends per season, most of which are within a couple of hours of flight time from his family. He is not going to give that up for a shot at a non-factory Yamaha. Or factory, for that matter. Then again, I didn't picture Beaubier leaving his cushy gig for a mid-pack Moto2 team either. So, who knows?

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Part of me agrees with you, but....So many weird things have happened in the last couple years I don't think there's a script anymore.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Rossi getting the ageism treatment when he retires and starts racing cars.....

"With all due respect, I believe he is older than the current Endurance drivers, and we will be facing some fierce opponents," Gazzetta dello Sport quotes Antonello Coletta, Ferrari's head of GT Sports Activities as replying.

"It is as if one of our drivers suddenly decided to race on a motorcycle. Valentino has fun with the GTs, maybe he could try in that class [at Le Mans]. We think we already have plenty of driver choices for the Hypercar and will choose from the emerging young talents."

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/982889/1/rossi-not-running-ferraris-le-mans-hypercar-project

17. noles19

I don't think he or anyone expected him to be in the factory Ferrari hypercar, but on the flip side that's just another example of Ferrari shooting themselves in the foot, in PR and just racing in general the last 10 years.

BigBird likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

yep. the better response would have been, we have driver's in the academy setup already for that car. We are more than willing to help him run another class in a Ferrari.

But i like no filter also. Ferrari Mouth>>ferrari cars

19. noles19

Yeah but it doesn't really come off as unfiltered it comes off as unlikable, and pretentious(shocking I know) when they haven't won shit in a long time.
    And I say this as a Ferrari fan:crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Hope that Gerloff gets the nod to the Petronas seat. There’s no way they take Dovi and Rea isn’t going there unless it’s a factory bike. Papa’s statements aren’t from thin air. He’s said multiple times that being close to home is important to him at this point and that it would have to be a competitive package(meaning full factory) for him to go now.
    What I wouldn’t rule out for Petronas is Gerloff and Dixon for those seats. It’s no secret that Dorna want an American and a Brit in GP.