1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Franco can't even get Yamaha contingency money riding that thing. Petronas shouldn't be allowed to enter that old of equipment.

badmoon692008 and Quicktoy like this.
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well, if he and his teammate need that contingency cash for lunch money, it's looking like a ramen noodle kind of season. What does 19th place pay?

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Um, reed vales, Power Valves?

4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Only because he should be selling ads on the bottom of his soles when he flops…..

5. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Not a chance in hell that Petronas is only able to afford 1 new bike. That’s a Yamaha thing. They(Yamaha) didn’t want 3 factory bikes but had to because they wanted to keep Rossi.

They better learn the new way that GP is or in two or three years, they won’t be able to get the talent that’s coming through. Anyone think Acosta or Hernadez is going to take a 1 or 2 year old bike as close as GP is these days?? That may have been okay when seconds mattered, it’s not when the difference between 1st and 16th is 7 tenths.

ducnut likes this.
  6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Mommy! Mommy! He said real race bikes don't need valves, but the riders all have an epiglottis and a rectum! He's a bad man!

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dorna and the series pays the lease costs for the teams (up to something like $3M or so) so the teams are paying for riders salary (except in the case of the Ducati teams and Rossi), travel, crews and the rest.

Still, a lot of money but I doubt SRT is collecting cans and pulling a Denning.

8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My recollection is that Petronas asked Franco what he wanted and he said the old bike. I don't think it is a matter of money, it is a matter of giving the rider what he asked for.

noles19 likes this.
  9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

haha i wouldn't know. never watch. but he could probably play in flip flops with marginal impact. i remember Jordan playing in Jordan 1's a few times, like 20 years later. i can't imagine that was any better.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

funny you mention that Jordan instance. I watched his show on Netflix and he spoke about that and he really hurt his feet doing that and regretted it.

Quicktoy and Sweatypants like this.
  11. Larry Denning

Larry Denning Well-Known Member

I resemble that remark :)

jonathanp likes this.
  12. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

As I recall, Franco’s contact called for an A Spec bike and he had the option of the 19 or 20 M1 and he chose the 19. It’s hard to say he made the wrong choice, he beat 3 riders on the 20 bike last year.

The 21 bike seems better than both the 19 & 20, especially in Fabio’s hands. Unfortunately for Franco: 1) He’s in his own head, 2) Mav can’t tell up from down, 3) Vale needs to be take out back and shot. So the only good data he has is Fabio’s, and Fabio is on another level.

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Knew you’d see that... think he meant Paul Demming the old team manager but you knew that too I’m sure... hope all is well LD, good to know you’re still lurking my friend...

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. Larry Denning

Larry Denning Well-Known Member

Nothing like lurking the net in the wee hours...rather be cruising the SE part of Nashville calling people hillbillies in a brown chevy van.

GNC and Quicktoy like this.
  15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

When I read Dave’s “pulling a Denning, I laughed and thought “they have no idea” great times man

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Damn, blast from the past!

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Right over my head haha

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

That article is like 6 days old. Everything has changed since then. Lol. JK.
    On a serious note. When a rider flat out says there aren’t talks, there’s usually talks with the managers already. That may be a little wishful thinking but they need a rider or two next year and he was their first or second choice to come in for a race weekend so that puts his name on the short list.

The Great One and henry_carlson like this.
  20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Plus he didn't embarrass himself and the team was pretty complimentary of him and his effort. Add to that he's American.
    I'd still probably pick Cam over him, but both are a better choice than Roberts in my opinion.