1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS660 Reviews

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I may or may not have one that was mistaking my sent to me extra on my floor.

not supposed to advertise but if someone wants it I’ll donate to AFF or Mongo pie fund.

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Prep it and put that bitch on the box

5axis and Phl218 like this.
  3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I’m def impressed with the top end power out of the box and with minimal work, but the torque around 6-8krpm looks to be 5-15% lower than a nicely built SV. That is where you make your time coming out of corners. I’ll be interested to see how it compares at Atlanta this weekend (keeping in mind it doesn’t get the 2mil overbore.... yet).

4. Busdriver02

Busdriver02 Well-Known Member

That dyno result is a very basic piggyback system, and shorter velocity stacks than stock, so mostly just moving the power band up.
    There's an Italian builder on the Aprilia forum that has had better midrange results fully flashing the ECU.
    More like a 3ish HP gain over the whole rev range over stock. It's still down a bit on torque from a SB SV build, but not as bad.
    The stock ECU doesn't fully open the throttle bodies until ~7500 rpm. It does sound fantastic when you're riding it though.

5. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Since no one else has whored them in this thread, I will. The Robem RS660's the boys have built look amazing. Excited to see how they do!

Robem RS660.jpg

Senna, Newyork, jasonhise and 9 others like this.
  6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

LOL that thing looks bad to the bone!

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Those wheels are ugly, need to be white! That would really set the dark colors off :beer:

5axis likes this.
  8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Taking pictures of a black bike on a black background. :confused: I guess it does really make the orange POP, but bleh.

9. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

stk0308 and masshole like this.
  10. Curious how the rules will play out after a few rounds.

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I want to see the first vehicle coated vanta black. it would be amazing. A void in space.

stk0308 and rice r0cket like this.
  12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Definitely. White wheels.

13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

You guys are whack... those wheels are awesome. That’s the most pro Twin I think I’ve seen. I love pretty much everything about that bike. I’m interested to see the other two or three Robem Livery schemes.

Senna, Newyork, rice r0cket and 3 others like this.
  14. Gravisman

Gravisman Well-Known Member

+1. Love the red

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

16. I saw an M3 in Greenville with m plates on it painted in that color. Was crazy looking across the parking lot like I was sitting within a computer looking at a bad photoshop job. Was very cool.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So is the jury out on reliability? What happened to them in race 2?

18. Busdriver02

Busdriver02 Well-Known Member

Both coolant lines (and the water pump) are on that side of the engine. So wild guess one of the hoses popped off or burst.

19. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Word. Agreed. The whole Shabang is sexy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

lots of DNS and other issues over the weekend. One friend had his hydraulic cam chain tensioner go bad, tossed a couple of valves into the motor. Put in his street motor overnight and was able to run Sunday but pretty sure I heard he was having overheating issues as well.

Will have to wait to see on some of the other rounds and see if they can make a race out of it.