1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy S@#t the field is stacked @ the 2021 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice Eslick's sponsor "Palm Beach Police Foundation"????

jdmosley43, vizsladog and turbulence like this.
  2. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

They have been a long time sponsor of riders there like Rick Shaw. Not new news on that one.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

Waaaaay too much to dive into there. Needless to say, the D200 was an AMA/FIM sanctioned race for decades and was the biggest Road Race in the world. It typically attracted 110 or so entries every year and only the fastest 80 qualified, even though the class structure transitioned from Formula 1 bikes to Superbikes in the mid 80's. It was HUGE and attracted riders from all over the globe, but after a prominent brand of tires had catastrophic failures there, it was reduced to the 600cc class that runs there now. With 1000s safely running endurance length races now and lap times in the mid to high 1:40s I would give anything to see it return to Superbikes and the D200 return to a prominent place in the racing world!

4. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Yes but it's funny, well, because....Danny.

Gorilla George and stk0308 like this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’d love to see a whole mess of those guys come crash the event. It would be reminiscent of the original Trans-Atlantic Match Races, of years past.

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Don't bank on any of them coming over, they might have trouble getting back into the UK and then have to quarantine for a while when they do.

ducnut likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn't Biden just ban travel in from the EU and the UK?

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Talking about football got me banned. No way I'm talking about politics, political people, or their actions/lack thereof.

Besides. We can have an awesome race with just Murricans!

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

ducnut likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have a feeling that a lot of folks expecting a race to rival old classics are going to find out that Santa Claus ain't real.

stk0308, cpettit and mike w like this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I believe pro sports people are exempt from these travel bans.

12. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Wait, What!

flygirl and DucatiBomber like this.
  13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

They never ran it in the first place. If my memory serves me right, one factor in the selection of tracks was that races could be run in the rain, if necessary.
    The 200 is a very unique race, and just lumping it in as a round in any series was a bit of a stretch. The factory teams balked at the idea of extra expenses for the quick change equipment, and many of the factory riders saw the race as something where they had to just suck it up and run, collecting as many points as possible. Then they could attack the rest of the season.
    The Daytona 200 as it is run today is a race that everyone on the starting grid wants to run. It has come back very strong from the low point of 31 final entries.
    And by the way, it's AMA sanctioned.

14. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Last year the field was filled with 79 entries.... I know, I was there :( until they booted us out :mad::mad:

Let's see how high it gets this year.
    Will be missing it...:(:(:( well cause the borders closed, quarantine there and then back home !!! :mad:

P.S. I am available to ride for a team that might have a rider that is unavailable last minute. Given that I can quarantine in team by my arrival. I have posted it on FB with more details. So if you know of any teams that invested and suddenly are left without a rider.

15. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Can't wait to watch it, I hope they have a similar stream to MA.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Makes sense. After all everyone knows the Couf Couf doesn't affect pro athletes or people who eat at restaurants and bars earlier than 10pm.

G8rDuc, turbulence and MachineR1 like this.
  17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

CCS email I got said NO infield camping just the owners lot if you preregister. And no showers open. :(

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Don't crush their dreams.

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

thought it said no infield TENT camping...

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Read it again. It says no tent camping in the infield.

"Update on camping There will be no tent camping available inside the speedway. This means there will not be showers open in the infield or the Rider Owner lot.

To reserve a spot in the R/O lot, you must return this form to Nicole Shinsky ([email protected]) at DIS by February 19th. 2021 R/O Lot Form

To reserve an R/V spot by Lake Lloyd, call 1-800-PitShop."

MELK-MAN likes this.