1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Bloodhound, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

^^
    Agreed on the tracks being tight for the 450s. Seems to make the track kind of one-line as well and takes passing opportunities away. Of course I miss the old L.A. Coliseum races going up into the stands...

MachineR1 likes this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wait they have only RACED at Houston so far, let's see how it progresses at the next events

Bloodhound likes this.
  3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I really prefer MX for this reason, but still like the racing I've seen in the last few years as I've started to follow SX.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

man I’d have to strongly disagree.

every husky I’ve built, the master or slave has failed at some point.

I have not had a ktm been I fail at all.

skidooboy likes this.
  5. I haven’t had good luck with Magura slave, had two fail and when diagnosing the failures both had seal seats that were out of round. These were very low mile new take offs when I built my ktm. I swapped over to Brembo and never had an issue. I rarely use my lever with a Recluse but couldn’t figure out how air was getting in the system. I’m pretty anal about maintaining by stuff, and yes I back bleed them properly. Turned out both were getting air in the same place, swapped over to a Brembo and never had an issue plus there seems to be a lot better feel with the Brembo to feather the clutch in big rocky stuff. Both my Magura had Magura levers so there was no issue caused by aftermarket levers creating side loading etc.

6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

It was THE MAIN REASON, I stopped looking at Huskys. that, and the 800 subframe if you trash it. and the ugly ass 80"s fenders. WTF? Ski

7. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I grew up 10 minutes from the Coliseum, those were the days. It was wild watching them go up there, get lost for a sec and come flying down! LOL

8. Circacee

Definitely, hence my "whiny fan" comment. Utah has the ability to go outdoors, I hope they utilize it.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I remember watching when Yamaha brought out the first 4 stroke against all the 2 strokes. Going up that hill and listening to that one 4 stroke with all the 2 strokes sounded really cool. I think it was Henry who led the entire race and stalled it on the last lap and it wouldn't restart.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You're thinking Sam Boyd in Vegas. They can't loop it out of the stadium at Rice-Eccles, even before the expansion construction currently under way. There was a whole Olympic plaza in the way as well as the video board poles. Now there will be an expanded seating area with the Olympic plaza.
    Only way to loop out of that stadium would be to remove a lot of fence, light posts and handrails and close down the road. Never happen.

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

How amateur are the track staff? 2 weeks in a row with poor flagging and last round we had a jabroni running across a hot track within a second of getting run over.

I know plenty of club racing track controllers that would be losing their shit on that staff.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

A buddy of mine had his son selected to ride the KTM E bike race on Saturday before the LCQ. :)

Keegan Schoen

henry_carlson, cBJr and masshole like this.
  13. rwdfun

rwdfun

Wonder if they’ll show it or do some advertising during.

I’m not an anti-E person. It is the future to allow us to keep racing but they better add a speaker and some braaap noise or it just won’t be the same

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I want mine to make Tie fighter noises.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol, I like it.

16. Circacee

oh! my bad..

anyhow, OPEN THEM UP.

17. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

This condensed schedule is too much, I'm already tired of trying to keep up. There is such a thing as too much racing

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Really, it isn't that condensed. Usually, it is racing 17 rounds in 18 weeks (no racing Easter weekend), starting the first or second Saturday of January, and ending on the first weekend of May.

This year they started on the 3rd weekend of January, and are ending the first Saturday in May. they go to a venue, race 3 times in 8 days, then move to a new venue, race 3 times in 8 days. then, new venue, 2 races in 8 days then a week off, one round at Daytona (usual mid point of season).

New venue, 3 rounds in 8 days, then 3 weeks off. new venue 3 races 8 days then, one race each Saturday for the last 2 events.

What is so hard about that schedule? ;) :D :D at least we have something to look forward to over the "dark winter" months up here. :D Ski

19. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

skidooboy likes this.
  20. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Looking forward to the ATL round at the speedway. Hoping the track will be at least somewhat close in size to the Daytona SX layout.