1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Bloodhound, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

He "out-Friese-d" Friese last night though....

2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I thought the coverage on Peacock was pretty solid, but I watched it on replay not live. I watched 450 qualifying, both heats, and the main as well as the 250 main.

Track layout was a little boring to me after watching some highlights of older seasons, but I guess they keep the first round layout pretty mellow since the guys have only ridden the practice tracks for the past few months.

The racing looks tiring as fuck, and it's cool to see different lines taken in the corners to try to get the best drive. It is pretty cool to see a domestic two-wheel series with some serious money behind it and many manufacturers involved.

5axis and Bloodhound like this.
  3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Round two tonight. Track layout looks better than Round 1.

Bloodhound likes this.
  4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I dont keep up too close with the actual industry- so can someone school me on Gas Gas and KTM? From what I know, Gas Gas was a chinese dirt bike company? KTM bought them and now field KTM, Husky, and Gas Gas?

Anyway, Barcia is three openers in a row, good on him, hopefully he can keep the pace up all season because like him or not, he brings some excitement. I've been hoping Roczen would get a championship for years now, hope he stays healthy all season.

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

GasGas is/was Spanish. It’s supposedly just a factory KTM in red.

masshole and socalrider like this.
  6. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

thanks. had/have no clue who they were.

7. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Gas Gas was a big player in the Trials riding, and enduro racing scene in Europe. as stated above, a Spanish company. now they are in "The Group", ktm, husqvarna, now GG. gg is entry level, without the bells and whistles, with the lowest price of the 3. KTM is the "workhorse" ready to race, mid price model. Husky is their "flagship" being more expensive with "some better" goodies (debatable). now you are all caught up. :D Ski

5axis, socalrider and Senna like this.
  8. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Why on earth would anyone be silent about Tomac's chances to defend his title? Is anyone willing to step up and declare Barcia 2021 champ right now? How about declaring that Tomac won't get it?

9. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Roczen or Osborne will take it this year. Barcia is good, but just good. He flatlines pretty quickly. Tomac's gonna Tomac himself outta the championship.

Bloodhound likes this.
  10. Bloodhound

I think Roczen....maybe Musquin (he reminds me of Dani Pedrosa) through consistency which has always seem to have been most others issue. I think Tomac is like Stewart, win or bin still... Barcia, he seems to get into his own head as well. The field is deep with no real standouts or shoe ins.

11. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

You had it right until the Husky vs KTM comparison- there's not a single part on a Husky that's better than what's oem on a KTM.

12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

That is why items are in parenthesis, and my debatable comment is there... This is how "the group" rates them. "they" believe the husky's Magura (failing slave cylinders all the time) hydraulics are "better" than ktm's brembo's, then the composite subframe (again, debatable). I didnt say, I believe or agree with their descriptions, I am just saying this is how "the group" rates, and reports them. dont shoot the messenger. your results may vary. Ski

masshole likes this.
  13. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

PSA - Round 2 tonight.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Guessing it's airing live on the NBC app only? Guide says 10:30 ET.

15. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Peacock sucks. Sitting here watch the buffering circle 2x already. It’s not my internet I have gig fiber and have no issues at all streaming anything else. On a good thing the video quality does seem a little better tonight

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’m not having issues watching on my iPad.

17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Hell of a response from Tomac last night. Sounds like Webb is a little behind from a back injury he sustained in the off-season.

Once a Wanker.. and Bloodhound like this.
  18. Bloodhound

Kind of a battle of attrition with Chase and Cianciarulo maybe. Wondering if Roczen can hold the lead for a few races...and if Barcia cursed himself with the "one-hit wonder" remark.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  19. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Is it me or are the jerseys a little tight this year? [emoji23] gone are the Baggy SX days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  20. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Sexton's get off looked like it HURT!:(

Bloodhound likes this.