1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The USPS/ups/FedEx rage thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Jun 27, 2020.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

Screenshot_20201223-103356.png let's see how this works out. Yesterday amazon left a package for me at the wrong address after I waited over a week for it. :)

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I've received shipments from The Euro in 2-3 days

britx303 likes this.
  3. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

My little brother, a convicted felon who has been in and out of jail for 15 years, went in for an interview with UPS a few months ago. They were taking interview blocks in 30 minute intervals and each of those blocks had 10 people. They basically walked them through the warehouse to show them how hard the work was and weed the lazy people right away. They then offered every single one of them jobs on the spot. Apparently that's how many people they go through.

My wife works in UPS corporate, health care division. She's had 3 raises in the last year and has been working 12+ hour days analyzing all the capital improvements they are doing. New distribution centers are going in everywhere across the country. They are adding equipment and space at nearly every location. The working capital is there, she hardly ever gets a request turned down.

Apparently they just cannot find enough labor. They even roped in a few dozen corporate white collar workers this weekend to go work the distribution centers. Funny though they are also pushing voluntary and forced retirement for the more experienced workers.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Amazon has taken a lot of available workforce for their logistics workforce.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/11/27/amazon-shipping-competitive-threat/

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My package is still in transit from Dulles to the local post office. 6 to 7 miles and it's taken 4 or 5 days for them to not move it. :crackup:

My fault, I sould have paid the extra $6 for UPS.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, they shipped my package from Dulles to Queens NY. I guess that last 7 miles was too close for them to keep not deliver it so they had to ship it basically back to where it originated to make delivery easier.

What a complete bunch of freakin' morons.

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Oh, well la dee dah..............:D

Sabre699 and BigBird like this.
  8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I had to order my final "part" on monday and went ahead and paid for first class in hopes it takes at least a week off the waiting period:D

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ordered a Samsung phone cover from Amazon yesterday to be delivered by USPS after Christmas...no sweat.
    My regular UPS driver pulled into my road as I was leaving and I waved. He gestured big time and hand delivered it to me right there.

Happy Holidays. :beer:

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Haven't received anything, not even a flyer from the local pizzeria in the past 6 days from USPS in my box.
    Went to the post office today to see what's up.
    Low and behold there'sy mail lady twiddling her thumbs. She hasn't received any mail for my street in the past few days. Something more systemic between White Plains and Albany going on.

11. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

My new phone is here, no delivery date has not moved in days. USPS Priority (not). Edit: Just noticed it is in Portland, OR, they are too busy smoking crack and injecting smack to put it on the truck.
    USPS tracking.PNG

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I ordered a part on Sunday and it arrived from CA via fedex today. Super fast!

BigBird likes this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Something I ordered on the 25th of November showed up today....estimated arrival date...December 8th...

14. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Yep. Still the same process since 2003. Especially around Xmas.

Quick UPS story:

I took a route in summer in Bala Cywynd when the regular driver went in vaca. A jewelry store on the route would use identical labels and cut their package count from say 15 boxes to 7. I pointed this out to the supervisor that was responsible for unloading our packages and would let corporate make that call.

Fast forward like 3 weeks later, some Loss Prevention Clayton comes to a pre trip meeting and pulls me in the office and accuses me of stealing the jewelers packages because of the skewed count. I tore into his ass and told him I would see him when I got back that evening with the double labels.
    That night, he got educated.

Fast forward to Xmas time. Routes are slammed, drivers are tired and there just arent enough hours in a day for us to get the work done. So, UPS grabs the stuffed shirts; pencil pushers and bean counters that say we’re all schlubs.
    One night, I get sent a message to meet another driver because hes 4 hours behind, at 8 o’clock at night. Thats bad, 4 hours over. I back up to the truck and raise my rear door and who do I see? The same Loss Prevention dip shit making the theft accusation over the summer. “Oh, arent you the @sshole that made that theft accusation? Im taking these 10 stops from you. I dont care who told you what. Now you can go f-ck off @sshat.” Slammed the door and off I went.

He had a new perspective on things after the holidays.

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Kids Christmas present, Amazon says it should be here today, FedEx says what package?

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Santa can't be blamed for you submitting your order late

~sent from mobile

17. joec

joec brace yourself

I feel your pain.

18. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Ordered a gift 2 weeks ago. It's coming from 45 miles South of me in Yonkers. Tracking says it's in NM. Initially I thought that meant New Mexico, Now convinced it's NeverMind.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh it's a joke now between Sam and myself. We're betting on where it goes next. :crackup:

I'm thinking back to the shipper's address she said north dakota.

Didn't really like that head anyways. :D

20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Well, my package sent by UPS/USPS partnership and due here on Nov 25 still shows on a truck about 40 miles from here, just as it has since Nov 21.
    No package has been received, either.