1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Where is everyone going for watch bands? I have an Aquaracer with a rubber sport band that I've been wanting to swap out to something leather or NATO. I grabbed a few off of Amazon, but the quality wasn't all that great.

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

3. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Thanks and looks good. Not sure why I didn't even think of going to the manufacturer.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hoodinkee does some awesome leather straps that would rawk but can get pricey.

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Check out panatime.com

I've gotten 4 or 5 from there and been very happy.

6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I went through the same thing for my Tudor and I ended up on Etsy and got a couple that are very good quality and much less expensive than most of the normal online shops. Full custom too which is cool.

This is the shop I used: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ReedyRiverGoods?ref=shop_sugg

7. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I feel so special...

F@ck all y'all!!! :p

upload_2020-12-4_14-23-9.png

Phl218, Wingnut and pscook like this.
  8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

@Hooper is a Baller!!!

#I'm_just_jealous :D

9. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

They are just trying to get me to maybe replace the Seamaster that I gave my son.

Nope...

Nope...

Nope, not gonna do it.

Damn you ChemGuy!

Those new Seamasters look pretty sweet. I wonder if that Omega Boutique in Scottsdale will do me a deal online....

Nope...

Nope...

F@ck all y’all!!! :mad:

10. ChemGuy

Hey hey. My order got jacked but its straight now....here is the whole watch I bought. Hopefully will be here in a week or so...

[​IMG]

j cal, Phl218, SteveThompson and 3 others like this.
  11. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

F@ck me! I just sent the Scottsdale Omega Boutique a RFQ. :eek:

I really like the steel on steel blue dial new Seamaster.

Danm you to hell @ChemGuy!!! :mad:

ChemGuy likes this.
  12. ChemGuy

Actual picture of me right now....

[​IMG]

Edit: I already have 3 Blue on Blue divers or thats what I would have gotten as well. Its sweet.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Jedb likes this.
  13. Jedb

Thought I'd share a part of the collection that I've been working on.
    Vintage Seiko Chronos. The missing gaps are for the Jumbo (currently on the wrist) and the "Monaco" which is a single register Square Chrono.

Just missing a few: Sliderule, Kakume, Vader and Panda I think.

Attached Files:

OGs750 and SteveThompson like this.
  14. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Jedb, since it seems like you’re the resident Seiko guy, any chance you know anyone with a line on an SND239 (I think the blue one is 241)? It’s quartz, but I dig the TV dial.

upload_2020-12-9_20-35-43.jpeg

15. ChemGuy

Nice collection.
    Are your Pouge's proof, resist or plain? They look clean.

Good luck on the Panda...people seem to think they are made of gold.

You need some Bullhead's in there as well...

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Picked up a Seiko Alpinist - cream face and olive strap a while back. Great watch but not a daily for me.

17. ton

ton Arf!

dammit. no. please don't encourage him.

i want a green one. it's the only other Seiko i'm interested in (i have a 007 and one other cheap, boring, daily wear).

18. Jedb

Yellow pogue was pretty clean when I got it from a mall vendor for $50. Keeps very accurate time.
    The other two pogues just came back from watch repair place. The blue on the right (not middle) was missing a pusher and didn't run. Both were on-time, based on my phone, over the course of a week. The shop did a great job and very reasonable pricing. I had them install sapphire crystals, as I would prefer to wear them and not worry about scratches. They are splash proof, but I take 'em off if I do the dishes. No case buffing. I like the wear. Next one to go to the service shop is the John Player Special (or Root Beer) in the lower right. The crystal is all scratched up.

@ton hates the Bullheads, so I may have to get several. ;). I like the blue one, don't like the brown one.
    Panda and Reverse are out of my price range.

I'll post up the Monaco when I wear it, but here's a link to it. Model #7016-5029. The below has an aftermarket strap. Mine has the original gold bracelet and the case is in a bit better shape. It was a goodwill find. . .

[​IMG]

JBraun likes this.
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This thread got me thinking.....

Am I the only one who is like completely anti-smart-watch. I have tons of friends/colleagues/co-workers that wear Apple or whatever other vendors watches.....I have absolutely zero interest to wear one of those things.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

i think i used to be 100% anti, Especially regarding Apple. but the more watch-like designs come out, the more they grow on me.
    That started with the Tag Heuer where you could swap in a real movement at the end of the “smart life”
    And since I am a bit of a sucker for titanium and porsche design stuff, they just released the GT2, https://www.porsche-design.com/gb/e...uawei-watch-gt-2/?variationCode=4056487008066
    which is a fancied up Huawei and I hate to admit that I really like it.
    That said, I’d never buy an Apple Watch.