1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

That’s a good looking collection. How do you find wrist time for all of those?

2. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

You’re definitely not the only one - there are some in this thread who won’t even wear quartz.:crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I do have an Apple Watch but it’s used solely for when I’m on the mountain bike or dirt bike to record Strava, etc. I almost never wear it otherwise.

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Two wrists.. . Duh. ;)

I wear a watch for a couple of weeks at a time, and then switch.

Hawk518 likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was until I got one for Sam. Now, I think as a travel watch where I wouldn't give a real shit about it, I'd consider an Apple watch.

I don't want all the shit it claims it can do but I could live with one.

I'm an analog guy but the digital world has started to creep in a bit.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I dont care for them. But I hate the d-bags wearing them and always looking and tapping them in a meeting. Its the same thing as if you were looking at your phone. Just dont do it. your notr the F%^$ING POTUS. You can wait 10-15 to see your latest issue of hipster weekly in your email or that your free range Sumatran beard wax is on the way. Effing D-bags.

tony 340, Phl218, JBraun and 2 others like this.
  7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Nope. I'm that guy. I certainly don't care what other people wear unless, as @ChemGuy pointed out, they're wearing them in a business meeting and reading texts. That shit is rude and disrespectful.

My Garmin GPS watch can do notifications but I refuse to set it up, and I only bought that watch for running anyway.

Jedb and OGs750 like this.
  8. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Some of you might remember that @Jedb sent me a box of kinda junk watches earlier this year. I found this quartz Seiko in there. For some reason it got my attention. I took it apart and cleaned the case and bracelet. I also cleaned some gunk off of the dial. The chapter ring has some printing that was coming off but I got it clean at least. It has a new battery and I have a new case back gasket on the way. The crystal has some scratches but it isn’t worth changing. Last, I gave the case and bracelet a polish.

Here are a few before and after pictures.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

D
    oes anyone want it? I’ll send it to you for free if you’d like to have it. I’m just waiting on that case back gasket.

ChemGuy, cha0s#242 and Jedb like this.
  9. Jedb

Hawk518 and SteveThompson like this.
  10. SteveThompson

You can tell the weather is getting worse. I'm spending more time on indoor projects. This is my latest 007. I have been acquiring parts for a few months. I couldn't find hands that would work with this dial. I finally got it finished. This was built only from parts. I didn't start with a Seiko watch. It also has been upgraded to the NH36 movement so it is hacking and winding. I really like it, especially the coin edge bezel.

[​IMG]
    upload image

[​IMG]
    upload image

[​IMG]
    upload image

Hawk518, tony 340, ChemGuy and 3 others like this.
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Well this finally came the other day. Its pretty sweet. The heft is impressive.

But do to the recent need for me to install cameras...its for sale. If anyone wants a nice watch at less than Joma asks for a brand new full Omega AD watch PM me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NemesisR6 likes this.
  12. Jedb

@ChemGuy Really?
    That sucks that you may have to do that. What else would you consider letting go.
    Shoot me a note.

13. SteveThompson

Aww man, you should try to keep it.

14. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Speedytuesday[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

NemesisR6, sdiver and SteveThompson like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hmmm, wonder what someone would trade me for my sub.

16. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

A 4/5 eaten jar of spicey sweet pickles and tree fiddy

17. Jedb

I have a Pulsar Quartz from 1974 I'd consider...
    :D

18. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Tag kerium, luminox captains watch, tissot touch and some cash ?

19. Jedb

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How about a Schwantz Busch car helmet?

:crackup: