1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

2. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Last time I ordered .22lr it was $15.99 for 500

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I thought 5 cents a round was cheap!

was that with shipping? when? where?

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Wow.....you couldn't sneak up on a glass of water with that paint job.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Few months back. From Midway. Remington 22lr.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

looking at their prices now I'd say I did alright

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

check local Walmart. If they have any of the bulk packages in stock buy a few. I know my local has some boxes of CCI 22lr standard velocity, some subsonic boxes and not sure what else.

after the last shortage, I stocked up. good to go for a while. Wish I had more subsonic stuff, I was about to order thru a local friend a case of CCI clean and a case of Quiet Semi Auto but waited too long.

8. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Too much time spent on the internet locked up in the crib...

I just ordered a TRP Operator.

wsmc 589 and Steeltoe like this.
  9. People are definitely stocking up on ammo. Dicks is closed, and Academy sells their 9mm ammo as soon as it shows up.

I missed it the other day, they had a truck last night, and I missed it again this morning by 30min. They sold the last 2 boxes right before I got there (which was only an hour after they opened).

They didn’t have any 44 Magnum ammo either.

Luckily there is a small hunting/sporting good store that is still open, but drive through only. I was able to get some of each from there.

10. Fuckinhell.

11. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

But what would 22lr be good for other than plinking or squirrel hunting?

12. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I have never heard anyone yell get him its only a 22. I would not want to get shot with one. I think it was a 22 that Ronald Regan was shot with.

13. Popping blisters. :D

14. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Don't get me wrong. I love my 22 with a can. Its stupid fun to shoot. Just don't understand what else its good for.

p.s. I wouldn't want to get shot with a BB

15. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I guess all I am saying is that I wouldn't stock up on 22lr when doing panic ammo buying.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

So you're good standing down range 50 yards and holding my target?

speedluvn likes this.
  17. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Absolutely wont have an issue with that. As long as I have my loaded mossin looking at you.

18. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Well the “apocalypse” coming is driving all these sales.
    Truth is If it did I wouldn’t even use a 22 for small game. High powered air rifle can snag ya a bunch of pigeons and other small game and much quieter than a 22.
    FWIW- Each pigeon is about 12 grams of protein if I recall. Lol

Ride safe,
    AAron

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Shooting .22 at steel is like Grom racing basically. It sounds stupid until you try it. The fact that it's cheap makes it even more fun. My shooting with service calibers has improved quite a bit since I made .22 a regular part of my practice.

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Cheap, easy to hit exactly what you are shooting at. And if necessary in a zombie apocalypse will be an excellent way to keep a large stock to defend a home.