1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

How much are they going for?

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

XFBO likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He ain’t wrong. POF makes some great shit.

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

They aren't. They've been promised since 2017, and PSA never delivered to the market.
    I have a real HK-94, and the POF is, IMO, on par with the HK.

Here's my range report on my POF from the Aprilia Forum.
    Used a Holosun 510C
    Got it sighted to 25 yds in the end. Point of aim (black dot) and point of impact (grouping) are the same height as sight is above muzzle.

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?235248-Guns&p=4648475&viewfull=1#post4648475

5. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Have you seen any of Bear Creek Arsenal stuff first hand? They have a decent priced .308 upper and I've got a new complete AR-10 lower & you see a lot of stuff.

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Damn! Thank you for putting this on my radar. :beer:

7. Quicktoy

I’ve played with a couple of bear creek guns in the shop. They seemed like nice tight well built machinery. Never played with one on the range but I’m the guy who says and AR is an AR is an AR. I appreciate the higher end ones but I like mine a little loose so they can get a little dirty. The AR platform has become such a precision rifle platform that an AK has become my shtf gun mostly because I live in a sandy area, and my gosh my polish under folder is just bad ass looking lol.

8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Can't view the Aprilia forum without an account.

I know about the long wait but there has been a big change. They turned it over to lead Star Arms to complete the project and it's almost done. Lead Star will not release it unless it is perfect, and they are planning to be cheaper than the other clones on the market. I've got a good feeling about this so I'm jumping on it as soon as it's ready...been waiting for the right clone to come along at the right price and this is it. Go look at the videos of it from SHOT, welded on picatinny rail, trilug barrel, really cool front sight-better features than the POF and other clones. PSA is killin it this year with a ton of exciting new stuff.

9. Quicktoy

I’ve got a bobcat clone mp5. Sites suck lol. You have to shoot it from the hip.

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Here's the sequence.
    1st target - 7yds
    2nd target - 7yds adjusted
    3rd target - 25yds adjusted (The black dot in the third group on the lower right was point of aim)
    bench rig
    POF and HK-94 side side.

Did PSA actually give a price? The POF is ~$1300.
    I traded a mini-14 and $400 for it.

Attached Files:

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I put a Bear Creek Arsenal 7.62x39 Upper on a Palmetto lower and have an amazingly fun little shooter, and pretty damn accurate. I had it in WV a couple weekends ago and everybody wanted to shoot it. Handy that AK ammo is so damn cheap. Only slight downfall is magazines aren't as cheap as similar AR ones.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

They were targeting 1200 but are saying that it will likely be more but still reasonable and not committing to a final price. As I mentioned, if you go look at the videos from shot and look at the features, it will easily be worth more. With the features they are including, it looks like it will be the best clone made.

13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I missed the start of the MP5 discussion, but i have shot one when i worked closely with law enforcement.

In any case, i own a hi point 995TS, and i will laugh at all the jokes people want to make - it is one of my favorite firearms.

I can shoot it all day for cheap, and it runs fine with ball ammo. It’s accurate enough for iron sights, and just works.

Highly recommend it for the $260 or whatever it cost me. I bought several 20 round mags, and haven’t bothered to “upgrade” a cheap gun. I’d sooner buy a second before worrying about making this one nicer or better.

/$.02

14. Quicktoy

I can’t knock the hi point carbines. Pistols are junk but carbines ain’t bad and never had one returned for warranty.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I bought a PSA lower last summer that I have yet to decide what to build. Originally, I was think I wanted to make the perfect high capacity compact home defense weapon....likely an AR15 pistol. Gave that a bunch of thought and I decided that I am slightly concerned about over-penetration now that I reside in more of a neighborhood.

Last time we had this debate in here, someone highly recommended going the AR9 route.......not many seemed to agree or relay their experiences with one. So I'm here asking now, anyone build one lately? Shoot one? Share your thoughts please?

My only concern is feed issues since I would be using a standard AR15 lower, I know they make a guard, I believe, that snaps into place??? Just wondering how reliable these pistols are???

FWIW- I shared it once but think I saw it come up recently, I LOVE my new Hellcat if anyone is looking. I'm usually picky on how a handgun feels in MY hands and this one, from it's texture design to it's width and height just fits great in my hand. I only took her out once shooting, and I was shooting 2-3" left of where I was aiming...could have been me but found myself wishing I had an optics on her already so I could have compared zeroing between the iron sights and optic. The one they're recommending (Shield RMSc) is almost as much as I paid for the dang gun but more importantly, I don't think their build quality is on par with what they're asking $$$$ wise, so I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on that purchase....waiting/hoping to see if Trij RMR releases one for this gun....

For those lucky enough to do so in their own backyards, happy shooting!

16. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

9mms carbines are fun. They tend to kick more (blow back bolts) and have manageable noise and flash. But, 5.56 is more versatile in my opinion. Get some frangible or low weight varmint or tactical if you're worried about over penetration. and Muffs. And a welding mask.

XFBO likes this.
  17. jnjdad

jnjdad Well-Known Member

Put a CMMG Banshee 9mm Upper on that PSA. I just did this. Seems to work great with the CMMG 9mm conversion magazines. About 100 rounds so far.

XFBO likes this.
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Will have to research ammo alternatives, don't know much about what's offered out there.

Any pics?!?! :D

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I built a dedicated .22lr AR-15 last month using a CMMG wasp complete upper mounted to a Palmetto State Armory Trump Keep America Great 2020 lower with Magpul MOE furniture. Turned out great and is a blast to shoot...and cheap.

XFBO likes this.
  20. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I won a custom 9mm carbine in a school raffle last year, they're a lot of fun, accurate enough 50, and I could keep in on the target at 100 with a holosun. Mine is a 9mm lower for glock mags. My 22's are more accurate. :). A buddy that shoots lots of pistol and 3 gun really likes the leadstar carbines.

XFBO likes this.