The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Couldnt disagree more. I have a button box made by some online hack, and I use it as much as the ones on my wheel. The dials and switches are far more intuitive when navigating black boxes and pit strategies and stuff. In terms of in cockpit buttons (limiter, tear offs, push to talk) yeah, wheel buttons are important.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Sure, if your like taking your hands off the wheel .
    Top 3 L/H : PTT/BB/+ or - Adjustment (tires/fuel)
    R/H Pit Limiter/ Pit / HMD Reset
    Non essentials are below those.

3. Pittenger5

Doesnt bother me in the least.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

What are your FFB settings ?
    Accuforce has way less torque than Simcube .
    Come on over and try it in my rig then we'll talk.

5. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

@stevedave they are trying to suck you into a big black hole of spending! :-D

You can try it on the cheap first to see how much you like it. I did G920 pedal wheel to get started on single monitor with wheel on essentially a cardboard table sitting on a steel folding chair. Try it out before you sink the $ into it. Its fun, I like the camaraderie, but I don't have the time so I rarely get on. And I suck at it because of that :)

6. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know they are sucking me into $$. This isn't a new thought or something brand new...I've wanted to do it for awhile. My best friend also wants to do this, but he is not as tech savvy so he is letting me figure everything out. He and I do go karts several times a year, go to sports car races (including Le Mans this year), and just generally like anything where motors and wheels are going around a track (I do bikes on track, he used to race vintage cars). So I don't think this will be a short lived hobby, although I don't have the amount of time to sink into it as some on here do so I'll probably be at the back with you. :)

While the setup won't be the reason I'm slow, I also don't want it to be so basic that it is frustrating. I think that happened to BigBird at one point.

G Dawg likes this.
  7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Not to bust your balls, but you get out of it what you put into it.
    This explains a lot. You were getting good and Kenny had a lot to do with it. But you also have to be able to stay on track and finish races. You're not going to be able to do that with your setup.
    When I raced using Playstation, I had a G27 with pedals using the carpet hooks. Wheel was clamped to a desk. No problem. Once joining iRacing I took a rig my brother made and updated that as I progressed. Yes, you can do a 3 month trial to see if you like it.But it does not seem that's what he's looking to do. So like Erik said build it right the 1st time.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  8. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

#facts

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Depends on who's channel you're on.

10. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

No fucks given on your opinion :D
    ... Almost...

Glitter Pants was wiping the floor with everyone with a G27 and a single monitor iirc.

Of course I bow to the lord and savior, the banned Venom51....

:Putter:

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

And he's been racing for a while and not using a card table to mount his wheel on :)

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I guess the word is RIG.

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

The major change is VR requirements.
    Besides that physical changes like tire & damage model.
    You don't "need " much to get back into it.

14. Gino230

I'm leaning towards getting the Playseat Evolution, and see how that works with my existing wheel and pedals, and single monitor. If I still want more, is that rig VR compatible? that would seem to be the next step- a set of goggles.

15. Gino230

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Garbage
    No one really uses 25" monitors. 27 is the standard and now 32" curved.

Gino230 likes this.
  17. Pittenger5

G Dawg likes this.
  18. Mphile77

Mphile77 Well-Known Member

Looks cool to me! I would rock that setup, buts that's a lot of monitors!

19. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Can’t imagine the graphics card needed to push 5 monitors. Guess you could turn down graphics settings but kind of defeats the purpose.

I just contacted a guy that has full fanatec setup (CSW 2.5, BMW wheel, v3 pedals, shifter) for $1100 plus shipping. Claims it is less than 6 months old. Everything looks in new condition. Thoughts?

I know it’s not DD, but next best thing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Why do you think it's being sold for that price ?