1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ben. Again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. G 97

G 97 Garth

:bow:

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

triplecrown.com

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The internet is written in ink, not pencil......the beeb on the other hand is written neon pink bold letters on the broad side of a barn door.

ducnut likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lets just hope someone doesn't get really bored and go through this thread to pick apart the posts of who all said Ben was an ass and he should shutup or any of the other stuff here and elsewhere calling him a liar and worse. :oops:

5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Whoops.

superbiketriplecrown.com

Wheeliest and Steeltoe like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that could be awkward.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah. That would be a real tragedy. :D

Robby-Bobby and cav115 like this.
  8. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

But was he right? And was he right to say what he did, when he did it? I'm on record for saying I like Spies, but I didn't like him spreading rumors. And while the Yosh shakeup is real......was he actually right anyway?

"But from what I have heard the factories are pulling out at the end of this year, and I don’t know the longevity of that series. ".
    -Spies

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t take it as him making an absolute declaration of sorts. More along the lines of, here is what I have heard and it is making me feel uncertain about things. I don’t think he was trying to project anything other than his confidence level wasn’t where he felt it needed to be in order for him to further pursue going racing. IMO.

ducnut likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well if you knew Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing was going tits up you sure did a good job keeping it a secret.

11. Dragginass

Not sure what you're insinuating here. I have zero inside knowledge. I'm just over here riding the bench.

However, when someone says factories are pulling out of MA, that's a big charge. So my question is simple.....is that what happened? If it's not, then Spies' comments were needlessly wreckless IMO.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Possibly. But he only stated this is what he heard. He didn’t validate it or conform it. Only that this is what he had heard. And now that we have fast forwarded, what he heard may not have been 100% accurate but it’s certainly close enough in my book to warrant zero concern over his statements of what he heard. It’s really no big deal given the context etc. Just my opinion. I certainly don’t think he intended any malice.

spoon32 and ducnut like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And something that was true at the time couldn't possibly have changed since? What if they were pulling out until they weren't it anymore?

In another scenario, what's more likely? People at Graves and Yoshimura told him there were no rides to negotiate for 2020 because they were pulling out, or that he just made up that Yamaha and Suzuki were getting out and by some small miracle, each factory team later lost their gig?
    You guys are funny. It's like he guaranteed a game-winning fourth-quarter one-handed touchdown catch and you guys are giving shit because he caught the ball with two hands. :crackup:

Robby-Bobby, G2G, cav115 and 3 others like this.
  14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Papa is right here. Ben was far more correct than incorrect. Should he have openly stated so in an interview I'll leave for you guys to argue, but there is no denying at this point that this years Yamaha and Suzuki factory teams no longer exist.

Wheeliest likes this.
  15. Dragginass

And some of you are equally funny because you can't see the forest for the trees.

Spies obviously had some inside information, exactly what we don't know. It doesn't matter. What he knew was obviously not certain, and him saying what he did when he did it was still crass, IMO.

It's one thing to drop a specific bombshell before anyone else, and be right about it. This wasn't that.

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if Roger saw the writing on the wall at the end of the 18 season.

17. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

o_O

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, he didn't mention the middle name of every non-returning employee, ya know. :)

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Unlike the beeb I don't think Ben was going for internet cool points of "dropping a bombshell". He was simply saying "This is why I'm not super interested in racing MotoAmerica".

20. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

Props to Ben for not being a PR bitch.