1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Paso Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Aug 3, 2019.

1. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

2. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

“Seems” is the key word. Those ever more powerful central governments usually coalesce around a central “leader” who neuters and staffs the government around the implementation of their singular will and agenda (and honestly, from a purely historical and factual perspective, if you or anybody else is/was worried about that – the current POTUS tries to hit those historical red flags with a savant like accuracy). Contrary to popular opinion in here, historical, the most powerful governments are the greatest check on this happening, because "weak" governments are the most vulnerable to being overthrown by these "leaders" (take it from the perspective of this "coup" bullshit that keeps floating around here - if you had to guess, are "strong" governments or "weak" governments most vulnerable to a coup being successful? (there's a lot of historical examples of this).

One of the reasons the Constitution is revered (and copied) is because of the protections built in to prevent this from happening (and those protections are strong). There have been 45 executives (and there will be more) and we are currently on our 116th Congress (and there will be more). Then there’s the judiciary. All you have to do is look at the current administrations track record when having all branches of government when it comes to passing (and implementing) hot button issues that affect all citizens to understand how difficult this is even when you have everything stacked in your favor.

The 2nd Amendment is a constitutional protection against confiscation that will take a near impossibility to change (of course it can be done but as some in here are fond of saying “why worry about an extremely rare event that’s almost impossible to affect you). While the federal government is central, the implementation and execution would come from the States - all of them – (which is also a near impossibility in the Red States) and those red states (which have gun friendly executives, legislatures and judiciaries) fight back hard from not only the local but federal levels (Red States have actually expanded gun rights in recent years and their representatives have aided in expanding gun rights outside of their jurisdictions as well).

That’s a lot of hoops (and not all of them are listed) and the ones that are are intricate, time consuming and very difficult to co-opt in the short term for a long term strategy that involves repealing a constitutional amendment.

The truth of the matter is most Americans are ignorant of how their government works, are apathetic about using their rights as citizens, down right pathetic at holding their representatives accountable and generally lazy with both remedying that shit and having an attention span that lasts longer than a news cycle or two.

You know who aren’t those descriptions with those aspects around a specific subject– gun owners.

They may be rare – but they are increasing. . .and everybody knows it. Policies are being developed because of it – take schools: first “nuclear drills”. . .then “tornado drills”. . .now “active shooter drills” – one of those are regional. . . the two of those that were/are national are fucked up (and are a real reflection of the dangers of the day). You see it in this forum. There was a thread a while back when some of the same advocates of the “rarity” of mass shootings were bending over backwards to turn schools into single access point hard targets. . .why do that (or even entertain the thought or discussion) if it’s so rare (or perceived to be)?

The smart play with the highest chance of success is to curtail both. . .can’t do either by 100% so “removing” is an impossibility – just like anything else that becomes a problem in a population of several hundred million.

It’s not even an original problem solving idea – the constitution is based on the same premise – remove the actor(s) and the tool(s) they use to cause destruction.

That’s lovely. . .just curious what it says to you when the people who are paid to pay attention and respond to these “rarities”. . .are fundamentally changing tactics and policies because of these rarities. . .in gun friendly Red States.

https://whnt.com/2018/04/16/huntsville-police-will-host-citizen-active-shooter-class/
    https://www.wmot.org/post/tennessee-schools-get-serious-about-active-shooter-drills#stream/0

Me telling you, “I fucking winced when I saw it was you. . .it’s a 50/50 shot you make me laugh hysterically or work for it. . .sometimes both at the same time.” Thankfully, not alot of typing or thinking involved with this one. . .:D

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

At the time of the founding of our nation, you could, finances permitting, own the very same firearm used by the professional soldier of the day. Does that continue to hold true? We still have the same 2nd amendment, but our right to possess a weapon that simply looks like military issue has been curtailed. There is no need for a frontal attack on the constitution when you can achieve the same ends by incremental legislation.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Masculinity is also about healthy levels of testosterone I'd reckon. These look like limp-wristed soy boys. Its been scientifically proven that healthy levels of testosterone (not super high as in someone taking steroids) result in move even-tempered, cool-headed and conflict resolution type demeanor. Low-T results in more more impulsive, whiny/complaining and prone to outbursts.

5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

And here is a big part of the problem. I bet they got that all through school, no one (especially girls) gave them the time of day, so they grow into angry men who are going to show the world they are not insignificant. But by all means, its the guns fault.

6. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well hell, just kill all the white people and you will have paradise.

aaronson and sheepofblue like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Pump and dump troll. :crackup:

Nothing like circular reporting. So one bias article containing more opinions than actual facts is published. Then another “news outlet” manufactures almost the same opinion based article while referencing the first original article as a means to try and add credibility. :crackup:

Liberals are awesome. Their stoopidity becomes their norm.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Motorkas while you have a lot of good points you almost lost me with the insanity at the start. Give me a few examples of Trump hitting totalitarian 'marks'. I can give you an easy one on Obama, DACA which is not based upon any law and was actually REJECTED by Congress prior to his implementation by decree.

G 97 likes this.
  10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

11. motorkas

Firearms – actually, mostly yes – finances permitted, I could kit up today in a similar manor as most SOF teams from a firearms perspective – and even with purely “civilian stuff” ie – long range shooting – there’s more than enough cross over to make the point moot; advanced weaponry – no (and it’s really only the lunatics that couldn’t afford a Reaper with Hellfires anyways who would complain about that).

Truthfully, in today’s environment, the only people who could afford advanced military weaponry (and the individuals that would be necessary to man and use it) would turn into defacto “warlords” within our borders. . .nothing good comes from that. Just for you guys: imagine if George Soros was allowed to purchase as much advanced military weaponry as he wanted. . .or if Gates and Bezos decided to combine resources and build up a stock pile within the borders of the US. . .or a proxy of Iran was allowed to buy and keep them in the US. Not making light of it, but that is the definition of a National Security Threat – regardless of what side of the isle is doing the stockpiling.

I live in one of the most restrictive states from a gun law perspective. . .and bought all of my “looks like military issue” long guns with ridiculous ease (I literally spent more time and effort proving that I’m worthy to buy/drive a car/motorcycle than buying those). . . .and some of those were bought during the “assault weapons ban” in that very restrictive gun law state. That's a problem. Anybody who's been to Germany, knows what's involved with being able to drive in Germany. . .contrast that with what it takes to drive here. The end results are fairly predicable.

The great (and depending on your perspective “bad”) thing about incremental legislation is that it can be reversed. . .fairly easily and quickly sometimes. . .you see it happening left and right all of the time. . .the constitution, once again, proving how great it is.

12. motorkas

By end of day Sheep. . .didn't say they were exclusive to him (on purpose - it's a good check of bias - because anybody who can find them for Trump should be able to find them for Obama/Clinton ect. . .but if you can find them for Obama but can't find them for Trump - you're not as objective as you think you are).

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Leftist shit bags calling for open borders, free healthcare for illegal immigrants and trying to overthrow our President but somehow Trump's "rhetoric" causes all violence.

No lefties, we see the truth. Sorry.

trussdude likes this.
  14. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Germany
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Australia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_France

Restricting firearms changes the weapon type used. Intent and capability will always be there to kill. Arson, truck, knife and bombs will be used.

Hell, Sweden has a hand grenade problem.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grenade_attacks_in_Sweden

15. sheepofblue

I was laughing at the news today. We should listen to them. If we ignore all the white people saying how white supremism is evil and all whites guilty there would be no one left making the accusation...
    So in other words false indicators. As Obama and Clinton did not become dictators either. Oh and while I was NOT a fan of Obama and thought he ignored the Constitution on a regular basis (something the courts agreed on as he was overturned often in final decisions) he was not going to become a dictator. Even crazy Bernie the commie would fail at that.

16. sheepofblue

So back on topic (kind of) anyone else notice there is a crap ton of details about the POS in Texas and almost nothing about the crazy in Ohio?

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2019/08/04/twitter-suspends-allegedly-ohio-shooter/

So Warren made him go o nthe war path (she is an indian after all) <-----for the sarcasm impaired THIS is sarcasm, the acts of this deranged person were HIS acts and had nothing to do with any president or presidential candidate.

17. Fonda Dix

One was a Trump supporter and the other a leftist. One will be emphasized while the other goes away. That’s how this works

MachineR1 and Photo like this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well the lack of attention from girls is a symptom. The shit food and endocrine disrupting chemicals in everything around us, the lack of physical activity, teachers browbeating little boys for normal "boyish" behavior, propaganda on every media outlet demonizing men and masculine behavior.....it all leads to it.

What this society needs is an entire generational overhaul of men who are unabashedly and unapologetically embracing their masculinity for all the positive effects that we all know it does.

Banditracer, aaronson and Fonda Dix like this.
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not by accident....

20. Fonda Dix