1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DJT, master of the FU

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fonda Dix, Jan 17, 2019.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

No I'm asking you if donny boy not having the full support of his own party for the last two years is the fault of the Democrats? Just trying to figure out how the blame game works these days.

2. sbk25

sbk25 Active Member

US Senate Party Division:

114th Congress (2015-2017)
    Majority Party: Republican (54 seats)
    Minority Party: Democrat (44 seats)
    Other Parties: 2 Independents (both caucus with the Democrats)
    Total Seats: 100
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    115th Congress (2017-2019)
    Majority Party: Republican (51 seats)
    Minority Party: Democrat (47 seats)
    Total Seats: 100
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    116th Congress (2019-2021)
    Majority Party: Republican (52 seats)
    Minority Party: Democrat (45 seats)
    Total Seats: 99
    Note: Republican senator-elect Rick Scott of Florida is delaying his swearing-in to finish his term as Florida's governor.

JJJerry likes this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Nothing happens in the blink of an eye, and when you have a "To Do" list as a new President (Or anyone else new to a job) you have to prioritize and triage your agenda.
    I think DJT put dismantling Obama Care priority #1, and he learned how straight forward that wasn't going to be. Plus, the Stormy Daniels, Cohen, Russia, Putin, Grab her by the Pu$$Y, and other shenanigans.

In some irony, it's almost like the conservative resistance FDR faced during his first two administrations getting his New Deal programs in place to fight back the Great Depression.
    FDR packed the courts with Liberals at that time like DJT's packing courts with Conservatives today.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You almost got it.
    After the executive branch (Obama) asks the legislative branch to pass something
    he wants (DACA) and the legislative branch says no way several times and declines to
    create that law thus completing the process of checks and balances, the executive
    branch (Obama) simply uses his pen to create the law himself and I guarantee you don't
    give a shit about his end run around the checks and balances you claim to value in that case.

And I haven't even addressed the judicial branch rewriting the law rather than just ruling it unconstitutional.

badmoon692008 and Motofun352 like this.
  5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

First, I will apologize for being a "bully"

Lets address this wall of text in pieces.

>>Is it because the very people elected by the citizens of the United States to keep the president in check (you know, that whole checks and balances thingy called the legislative, judicial,and executive branches you was supposed to be learning about in your school dayz instead of learning how to be a keyboard bully) have refused to pass a single bill to fund it?<<

This very question shows why he cant just ram it through with full party support. Ever head of McCain, Flake, or Ryan? These swamp globalists and others like them have worked again this President since before his inauguration. Yes, they are just out to get Donny Boy because he IS NOT one of them. I have seen this scum from his own party fight him tooth and nail and its not because they are doing their job, its because HE is doing their job and they dont like it.

>>Why don't year hear him whining that the Republicans need to support him and negotiate a solution?<<
    The Republicans have come to the table many times now. They ARE negotiating, when the dems feel like showing up. The anti American democrats are the obstructionists. Therefore, he is "whining" about them.

>>Why haven't we heard him complaining non-stop for the last two years that he didn't have enough support from his own party to build this thing? <<
    This is a solid question. Its on him for not holding their feet to the fire and getting this done before now. He was Ryan's bitch just like he was/is Rosensteins bitch, IMO.

>>But I'm the stupid, simpleton asshole?<<
    I NEVER called you stupid nor asshole. Somebody else may have but not me. I did refer to you as a simpleton.

I am not sure how long you have been posting in this part of the board but its important to note, none of this shit is serious. Racers first is my motto. In other words, I would share beer, loan a tire warmer, or give a push start to you or anybody on this board any day. I see this board as a place (the ONLY place for some) where you can have these discussions and you dont end up with a black eye or unemployed because you dont walk in lockstep with the cultural/political wind of the day.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Verdict is in. I was correct.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What part of even if every republican voted for it the bill still wouldn't get passed are you not understanding? You keep ignoring this very simple, basic fact.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

9. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

So ashamed this guy calls WI home. We should run him down to the border, like his ilk ran to previously, and build a wall.

Fonda Dix and G 97 like this.
  10. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

I’m not being a dick but focus;
    If EVERY fuckin republican voted YES.
    He still needs (10) democratic votes to pass it.
    Unless you go nuclear. Which hasn’t worked out so well for the dems.

JJJerry likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, Ryan turned out to be the swamp, then when he realized he was unable to achieve his end game because of Trump he threw in the towel. I can’t believe I voted for this twit when I lived in Wisco. He showed his true colors. He’s a Jeff Flake light. Fucking McConnell is only a step behind.

K51000 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Once again. Simple math is hard. :D

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

CCF1C87B-8133-4695-9A2B-D82D989B7771.jpeg

K51000 and auminer like this.
  14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Isn't that the whole point of our system of checks and balances? You all are acting like he's the king and gets to decide to do whatever he wants, but without those votes he doesn't get to. I know your retort will be about Obama and executive orders but try to stay on point and address a simple question about how our country is supposed to work. If a president doesn't find a way to get congress to go along with his plans, should he stomp his feet until he gets what he wants, be a king and use the power of the pen, or accept that he needs congressional support to make decisions?

I'm with all of you in that I don't care if the government is shutdown and if people can't pay their bills that's on them, but I don't think our system is meant to work this way (or by executive orders like Obama). I'm guessing he'll eventually go the national emergency route and I could maybe see that argument, but this shit is just silly posturing to get what he wants just like his everything else he does.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Interesting that you don't see that Pelosi is posturing as well.

BHP41, K51000 and kangasj like this.
  16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What about the system supposedly being for the people? The people want border protection. You like polls ... check them. Last one I saw had something like 83% in favor. So why aren’t the D’s willing to vote the will of their constituents?

K51000, badmoon692008 and kangasj like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

18. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I hate Pelosi as much as anyone, but I understand her position in this situation. They don't need to posture, like it or not they're an equal branch of government.

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Cohen paid for that.

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

That are supposed to represent their constituents ... who want border protection. They need to get their asses back to Washington and do their damn jobs. Don’t want to fund a “wall”? Fine. Get the damn thing secured, though.

K51000 likes this.