1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DJT, master of the FU

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fonda Dix, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Cite. ;)

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Speaking of references, polls may favor "border security", but not so much on the "wall". But you probably knew that, and wrote what you did anyway.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Speaking of polls, the wording is everything, but you know that.

But while we're on the subject, please explain what exactly is meant by "border security"?
    What are the mechanisms and how will they operate. Be specific.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Everything in politics is a negotiation. He is asking for 1/10 of 1% of the federal budget to go to border security, something that is in fact the job of the federal government. The dems are not negotiating, they are simply saying no, and they are doing it for the sole purpose to make sure Trump cannot keep another campaign promise. So tell me, who is really stomping their feet? They are doing this to make Trump look bad at the expense of the "poor government workers" and at the expense of the security of the American people. That IMO, is treasonous.

The dems could get something they actually want out of this deal, but instead, it's a game of political chicken with the sole intent to make Trump look bad. That's it, and it's pathetic. They use words like "immoral" yet, gladly gave 40 billion to security under a different president. Their political ideology on this is full of hypocrisy, and only the idiot believers don't see that.

K51000 likes this.
  5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I know/meant exactly what I wrote. Show where any of it is inaccurate. The D’s refusal to even attempt to negotiate ANY of it is the issue here. You know as well as I that this is purely OMB from their side.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I don’t who doesn’t want the wall.

It was right there in his platform during the election. If people didn’t want a wall maybe they shouldn’t of elected him president. But they did.

K51000 and badmoon692008 like this.
  7. dsapsis

Maybe he should just go around congress.

K51000 likes this.
  8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I don't want him to.

sheepofblue likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So she isn't posturing, Trump is. Got it. BS

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Nope. Just like Obama shouldn’t have. They are all elected to REPRESENT their constituents. The people want security. They all need to get to work on representing us and get it done.

11. dsapsis

I agree with that. Both sides are being childish. One looks worse than the other, though.
    Back below 40. Winning.

12. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Then they should pass a spending bill, and if trump vetos it they can override his veto... That's obviously not happening because the republicans don't want it... There's much more to it than just trump "stomping his feet"

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Walk out on the street and ask 10 random people a single question... or 100, 1000, where you are will dictate your "poll results "... as will who you ask.. And so will your "filters".

IOW.. fk yer poll.

K51000 and badmoon692008 like this.
  14. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

This is my big problem with people... Same thing happened with Scott Walker in Wisconsin...

Trump has done exactly what he campaigned on and said he was going to do... Could he be more diplomatic, less inflammatory, and more "presidential?" Absolutely! Would he be as effective and getting as much done? Who knows... But you can't say he hasn't accomplished a ton of what he promised, and is working by any means possible towards accomplishing more.

K51000 likes this.
  15. dsapsis

You've stumbled onto something there.

16. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Not all the people elected him – and a good number voted against him – even taking out the 3 million illegals who voted for Clinton, you’re still dealing with a sizable constituency that have other avenues to combat his agenda that doesn’t involve an election for the executive.

Further, if you read the comments in here, apparently everyone was fully aware that he needed congressional votes to get the wall, everyone knew he didn’t have the votes, and nobody knew what his plan was to remedy this little institutional impediment. . .which is exactly one of those avenues open to those against his agenda. And now everyone is bent that they got burnt by this lack of planning, of a problem that they self-admittedly were aware of, that needed to be fixed, but never was.

That's fucking stupid.

They had a deal in place – POTUS torpedoed it the moment right wing media cried foul – that’s negotiating in bad faith (and doesn’t have a tendency to improve your power position at re-negotiations when your word is a significant binder in the deal). The dem leadership that was in office in 2006 for that border security deal was Pelosi (Speaker of the House), Steny Hoyer (Majority leader) and James Clyburn (Majority Whip) – That’s position number one, two and three for dem House leadership. They all voted “no” in 2006. They’re also 78, 79 and 78 respectively.

Lets put that in perspective: The senior leadership of the Democratic party that’s in charge of negotiating the wall - all voted against it 13 years ago and are at the age where they have seen a lot, done a lot – and have a tendency to give zero fucks in brokering a deal with someone who has already proven that his word can’t be relied upon and had his power position shaken by the fact they are the ones negotiating with him instead of Republican house leadership. . .and POTUS decided to take that on over 1/10 of 1% of the federal budget. . .

The border wall got fucked by his and the republicans “leadership” for the last two years (which the above decision making paradigm is a fairly decent example of). You want the problem fixed – but don’t want to properly identify the problem(s) to work. I don’t know where you come from, but in my experience, “intelligence” isn’t usually the word bestowed upon that strategy.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Put all the faith you want in your polls, after all Hillary's going to win in a landslide. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

auminer, badmoon692008 and K51000 like this.
  18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Well, all except for Chuck Schumer sponsored bill in 2014 with the Senate passing S.744 50 billion border security.

K51000 likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Equal branch yes. Equal positions, not quite. Small but YUGE distinction.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth