1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Vintage Classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They could build to the 500GP specs if they like but we will still have 350GP at VMD so up to the individual.

2. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Just remember that would effectively put V1 in a race with SV650's.

3. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Yea.... would not worry me at all.... but maybe some guys .....

4. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

That wouldn't be a full on V-1 spec CB350. Carbs and a cam would make them a little faster down the straights and would help with the speed difference. Then maybe bumping up, if possible, would be a bit safer. Even in the group they are in now, be prepared to get lapped, maybe twice.

5. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Oh, I didn't know you rode a CB. The suggestion was made only as a safety measure.

6. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

Mongo, the F500 guys bumped up to V3 if the we're not racing V5 and then the fast two stroke guys went to F 2 stroke and others went to V4(Roy comes to mind). I ran my V2 bike in V3 after talking with Morrow before the season about the small grids. As it turned out I could have stayed in V2. Since I have a valid V3 bike that's where I'll be and my V2 bike will be a backup. I agree with Doug, if V3 can be put on the track with a different group, the 500gp can bump to V3 and V3 can bump to V4. In looking at general lap times looks like V3 could swap grids with maybe DSS, FSS OR ESS be able to solve it.

All that said, I figure things will get changed as seen fit as we go. I guess as a bump up one could register in any class with comparable lap times.

7. vance

vance *

Could you just move V3 to race #4?

1) Grom Cup & WERA Minis (4 laps)
    2) C Superbike Ex & NV
    3) Formula 1 Expert & Novice, V8 HW
    4) LWT SS, DSB, ESS,V5,
    5) B Superbike Expert & Novice, V7 HW, V8 MW
    6) LWT SB, DSS, FSS,V6 LW,
    7) A Superbike Expert & Novice
    8) Clubman, V6 MW, V4, V3, 500GP
    9) C Superstock Expert & Novice
    10) V6 HW, V7MW,
    11) A Superstock Expert & Novice
    12) Formula 2 Ex & Nv
    13) HW & MW Senior Superbike Ex & Nv
    14) B Superstock Expert & Novice

8. Duck150

So .... is V5 race 4 or race 12 ?????

9. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

I don't ride one, but I have to ride against them. If you want to help the GP350 Hondas for 500 it would only be fair to help the DS7 also.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Altho any step up like that would help them with crossover to AHRMA Sportsman, it would also be kinda hard to recognize the difference ("Enhanced" GP vs V1) at some point.

A cam, and no headwork is a detriment sometimes (I realize you are a "No Cam" guy wink)......If your going to allow a cam, might as well allow headwork....that pretty much equals a V1 bike.

The carbs wouldn't be much help by themselves. I've tried Mikunis on the 1mm over stocker. Natrually it comes down to getting it tuned with the right size carbs, but it was not a ground-breaking advantage when I tried it.

11. Killswitch

Killswitch Redneckistanian

My understanding is that V5 is now in with F2 in race #12. I think that schedule posted above is an older version. I believe HWT should also be in race #10 as well.

12. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

A significant component of V3 is F-500 bikes bumping up, most if not 100% of those were RD's. At least two of these are Mark and Dick who also run RZ's. Unless the RZ's are allowed in V4 running V5 and V3 together will reduce entry's

Additionally some repeatedly use the term "Guys" discussing classes that only have a single bike running that is not a bump up, the reality is it is "GUY"......... (V3?)

I think V-3 should be folded into V4 and F500 should be retained, it is a better class to absorb built V1 and V2 bikes.

13. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Sean, please consider increasing the CC limit on water cooled 2-stroke twins in Clubmen to at least 425 from the current 396 as this is a more common build displacement (421cc's).

14. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

But wouldn't that first spec in the list be pre-1965 four stroke up to 500cc? Which the cb 350 doesn't meet.

15. Duck150

Ok people.... Honda 350 have to follow Gp 350 rules to race Gp 500..... anything else is V1 .... that's the rules or race V3 ....

videojack likes this.
  16. Duck150

Just make all V5 bikes legal for clubman, not just rules for 2 smokes....

videojack likes this.
  17. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

This requires the least amount of work, keeps Honda 350s in spec for 350GP at VMD, and when enough of them show up to support their own class no changes required. I like it.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Y'all have me totally confused at this point. Lets talk about the schedule after I get Talladegas posted later today.

19. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Sean, hope I didn't cause the confusion although I did mean to, as I have on this reply, reply to Doug's OTHER post with this response: "This requires the least amount of work, keeps Honda 350s in spec for 350GP at VMD, and when enough of them show up to support their own class no changes required. I like it."

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah you added to it but not in a huge way, I kind of tuned out you and Doug along those lines :D As far as I'm concerned people can build to the level of the class rules we are running that given weekend. Up to them if they want to focus on one class or another. Up to them if they want to go to a lower level for other series or another event. I like all the options.

videojack likes this.