1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rapes and more

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by lrrs517, Oct 10, 2017.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

BASKETS OF DEPLORABLES!!!!

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

If you followed what was said, you would know I am not talking about words. The "hypothetical" is a pussy-grab, not a brag about it. It's all there in black and white in response to Mongo's original assertion.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. I may disagree with some of his political leanings and he is not scared to point out perceived flaws in people / opinions in a very condescending manner but he likes good beer, cured meats and motorcycles. How bad can he be? :D

4. dsapsis

I prefer supercilious (thanks Acree) to condescending, thanks. :D
    Did you know I have a blog? The things you learn here...

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

This would be a rather boring venue if we were all in constant accord. I like talking to Dave, even if he is batshit crazy. Y'all already ran the shyster off. Embrace diversity, dammit!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I totally understand it's different to other people. I have said so. Clearly I thought.

Yet oddly I think they should feel more as I do and less like they do. I think people make a huge deal out of anything remotely sexual when they shouldn't.

I am not remotely surprised you don't agree.

7. dsapsis

Honest question: Do you think you might change your opinion on this after talking with some women (presumably that you like and respect) that felt differently?
    Like for instance, calling a stranger grabbing your crotch remotely sexual?

8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Some asshole grabbed my tit in a bar and I almost laid him out flat.
    It was completely mortifying and I felt disgusting. I got up, left immediately and told the manager he had a perv for a regular.
    Anyone who thinks that is remotely okay to make someone feel like that is absolutely wrong.

Didn't even buy me a damned drink first.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, I've talked to a lot of people who feel that way. I grew up in a house full of women.

Why would it have to be women anyway? Aren't men allowed to feel sexually assaulted?

Only major concern I have with anyone grabbing my crotch is the sensitivity of the balls to impact. Shit hurts.

My point is still the same - for me it is a situational thing. Where a person is touched isn't the issue, it's why/how/when/whatever. The situation CY describes above is a great example. That sounds like assault. However were it a friend and a joke done at the right time it could be totally acceptable.

I have not once said grabbing anothers crotch is never assault. Not even close. I've actually pointed out that just grabbing someones arm could be assault. The body part is moot. The situation around the action matters more, much more.

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to be shipped off for reeducation. Your wrong think and lack of respect for the hive mind must be corrected.

11. dsapsis

We got crossed-up then. My presumption all along it is not anything like a friend and a joke. Its a stranger, co-worker, beauty pageant director, recent acquaintance. Where matters in the sense it begs to why. The joke part is tricky, particularly in the work environment. Takes the fun out of interacting with people on the basis that you could be misunderstood (and we are just talking words here).

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

He's a good dude. I've raced with him and pitted next to him at endurance races, good times were had. He didn't even make fun of my dialect. :D

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. I managed a division of an oilfield services company many moons ago and we used to joke that sexual harassment was not a problem. It was a fringe benefit.:D There were a couple straightlaced people who were uptight about stuff but pretty much the entire office would play grabass. Like you would be talking to someone and one of the ladies in the office would grab your ass or crotch to see if there was a reaction and vice versa. It was nothing sexual and no one was sleeping with anyone else or trying to get in the sack with a coworker though. Just coarse humor and very few boundaries. Based on the current definition I committed assault and in turn was assaulted at least a couple times every day. It is definitely a situational thing but lately it really seems like the definition has shifted to the ridiculous.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So he is a good dude but just hides it well here?:D

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No...well maybe if you identify as a member of a protected group.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I had a feeling that might be the case. With a subject like this people tend to read more about the body parts and less the bits where I said any touch can be assault depending on the situation.

To put it a different way - if you randomly walk up and grab Evelyne by the arm you're as likely to get the shit beat out of you as if you grab a tit... And that's when I'm not even there :D

17. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

You would have had every right to lay him flat too and I would have had your back (I’d like to think most men would). Lord knows I’ve gotten myself “involved” when some douchbag has done this to a woman.

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

It's the Internet effect. If you know him a lot of what he posts doesn't sound so bad.

crashman likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I still don't buy that. Most people I have come across would not freak out if a stranger approaching from behind in a crowded room gently touch them on the arm to get their attention. And I am certain that their reaction would be very different if that stranger reached for a breast under the exact same circumstances.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well yeah, it's a lot more intrusive to have to reach all the way around someone to tap their chest from behind. Tap me on the throat I might punch you too. :D