1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Sepang |Malaysia |Oct 27-29 | 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 24, 2017.

1. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

No doubt Lorenzos "moment" was manufactured. Not that there' anything wrong with that so Dovi still has a chance at the title, just sucks for me cuz ill lose a bet :(

2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Come on.....he purposely almost bins it?

He could have eased up on the last few laps, gotten passed and could have said he burned up his tires and had to take it easy.

cha0s#242 and BigBird like this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Exactly. He would've won that race, given the chance, Dovi's championship be damned.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't think the moment was manufactured, but had it been under different circumstances, he would have certainly fought harder to get the lead back.

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

And well he should have unless Dovi had the pace to get by him. Screw the team orders BS.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I was pleasantly surprised (ok...I was fucking shocked) to see Georgie all smiles and cheery in parc ferme.

The only thing that makes me think he took a dive...

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Not the fact that he's had a dismal inconsistent year and 2nd place is pretty good considering the rest of the year? Nope. I better go find my tinfoil hat and join you guys.

Steeltoe and pscook like this.
  8. eggfooyoung

He took a dive after his slip. He admitted so. He effed up, Dovi got by, he settled for 2nd afterwards. I'm ok with that.

9. pickled egg

Which really was the best thing he could have done, keeping it upright and relegating MM to 4th. :clap:

10. pickled egg

And he's a pouty, sour-faced cunt in every other instance?

Phl218 likes this.
  11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Great race.

Very happy with how it turned out, given that Lorenzo made a genuine mistake (anybody that says otherwise is insane) that allowed Dovi to get through without much fuss. If 99 didn't attack after that, then so be it.

It's gonna take a miracle for Dovi to have a chance at Valencia, but we've seen stranger things happen in season's past......

AJ and pscook like this.
  12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I could have sworn I read in the exact forum where Lorenzo was pure shit in the rain.

I recall it being discussed not that long ago actually.

And no fucking way he purposely tucked the front in the rain..... do some of you actually believe that? Lmfao

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Thanks for the laugh. Simply amazing the things people think of.

Fantastic rides by the podium group. Those of you thinking Zarco is not a better rookie than Simoncelli was are high. He beat the two factory bikes by a combined 9 positions.

<ahem> Nigel, I think you lost the AFF bet, mate. :beer:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Lorenzo’s interview post race eluded to the fact he may have gone quicker but he knew his job. Said front was iffy but if it wasn’t Dovi in front of him I’m sure he’d have given it a shot.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Seen the pic I posted? That red stripe? Took 1/2“ off the knee puck... wanna see someone do that on purpose

16. pickled egg

It wasn't raining. :moon:

You think he couldn't if he really wanted to? :Poke: :p

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

That type of front end? No. Absolutely not.

Think about it... risking wrecking to tuck the front end to help Dovi? Because a wreck would have given the title to Mm then.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  18. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

Watch the replay from dovis point of view, no way he was gonna make it look obvious like his name was Ruebens Barrichello

19. eggfooyoung

Yep.

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That is what I heard too. It sounded like he could have gone faster but it would have increased the risk. No one wants to be the guy that knocks his team mate out of the title chase.