1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rapes and more

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by lrrs517, Oct 10, 2017.

1. G Costanza

G Costanza Well-Known Member

My wife is a survivor.

And my wife and I are both of the belief that anyone who is raped can say or do whatever the hell they want. Whether that's put their rapist in jail or go on the internet and join a movement to raise awareness of sexual assault.

And making sweeping statements as if women who are more vocal about their abuse are lying, is really just backwards ass bullshit.

SuddenBraking and R1Racer99 like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah? Well your opinions suck donkey dung and you smell like stale urine.

Do you think anyone needs to be reminded that sexual assaults occur?

Do you think a hashtag campaign is going to bring about sweeping changes in the reporting, investigating, prosecuting and ultimately, reducing the incidences of sexual assault?

Cuz that's some damn fine pharms you must be using.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I suspect you didn't actually read the article, otherwise you would have tagged the scanned version that is actually readable.

On to content: the study involves one town (midwest) for one 9-year period initiated over 30 years ago. I don't doubt the veracity of the proportion of false rape reporting (41%) as a valid sample, but it isn't very likely representative of national, or international -- and current --conditions. The author even states the findings are not reliable for assessing aggregate incidence, but that's clearly too lofty a construct for Mike. It's one case study, and the language used (cf. "the feminists"), the site where it is archived, and the interpretation of the data all point to a distinctly biased investigation. I can't see that paper getting published in any reputable journal today -- its simply too full of projected interpretation on motive. But no matter, since we have now confirmed that false rape is real, that's the bigger story. Again, well done beeb.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We have now confirmed false rape is real?

Come out of the kitchen once in a while Julia Childs, false rape accusations are at least as old as, I dunno, To Kill A Mockinbird? :rolleyes:

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

:whoosh:
    (You need a semicolon in there, D'ern.)

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Naw, that book has been banned.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Come on now, have you ever seen any boobs that were not nice? :D

9. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Being raped doesn’t absolve you of a moral code.

But I assume you meant how they come forward - yes, if you want to come forward to put the asshat in jail, add a pound sign, join a movement, or just vent - go for it.

Derns experience with my PTSD doesn’t make him an expert - he is an expert in my situation and that’s it. I was raped for years as a child. The next two sexual partners I had were rape because I was programmed to accept what was happening to me. I did what I was told because I didn’t know any other way, it was my default self preservation mode. My reaction to those experiences isn’t going to be the same as any one else’s.

My biggest problem with the #MeToo, is the inclusion of harassment. I can expect that most of the population(male and female) have been sexually harassed at some point in their lives. It muddies the message of rape. And that’s my opinion, no one else’s. It doesn’t mean I want to stop people from joining the movement - I just refuse to include myself in that shit. Take it or leave it.

The same rule of the mockingbird applies to Dern as well. He crows awfully loud some times :P

G Costanza likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Bitch, I told you no BBS today! :mad:

11. Chango

Chango Something clever!

If you could keep her satisfied she wouldn’t have to come here so often. :Poke:

12. CausticYarn

You haven’t been home to stop me.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

She's satisfied when I say she's satisfied!

:crackup:

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Someone gotta bring home the bacon

And the eggs

And the bread

:moon:

15. CausticYarn

Again, and again, and again, and again.

16. CausticYarn

And the Malbec.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I got 60 fucking eggs. You best be baking me a fucking cake!

18. CausticYarn

Chocolate cherry banana bread.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Bullshit. There's no way there's a banana in the house old enough to make banana bread with.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You don't freeze the old ones?

Which reminds me, I need to make banana bread :D