1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syria

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

And everyone else that sees them carrying dead children after a bombing, good PR for Isis. There was a general being interviewed last week saying if they know there are civilians there they won't bomb it. Isis will stand outside the building and shoot at the helicopters and planes to invoke a response.

2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

The information about a fighter plane dropping it maybe true, or maybe not, I don't know. All this info is coming from the same intelligence folks who's track record over the last decade or so leaves a lot to be desired. I think a lot of loose assumptions were made to make the strike happen. To me it makes no sense for Assad to use chemicals at this point. They have the upper hand in the fight, they have Russian backing and a US administration that is less hostile toward them than the past one. Using chemicals at this point would paint Assad into a corner, and he damned well knew it. Shit don't add up...

ringdingding likes this.
  3. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Bingo! This makes sense. Assad is winning against the rebels/isis. Why would he attack civilians with Chemicals?

Anytime Isis, Pelosi and Clinton cheer something we did, you know something is fucked.

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Intelligences folks aren't the ones flying AWACS off the coast of Syria watching aircraft move about the skis. Those jets are staffed by USAF airmen (with really shitty radios) and it's that eye in the sky which provides the flight data for policy makers here and with NATO allies. That big growth on top of the fuselage sees everything, even if you're flying with your transponder turned off.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I though Obama and Hillary took care of the chemical weapons years ago.

G 97 likes this.
  6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It's true, Ms. Rice said so.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, wasn't there some talk a while back about WMD's leaving Iraq and into Syria.....just coincidence?

8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

AWACS can detect a lot of things, but not what is inside a bomb under a jet wing. Was it chemical? I don't know. But, it still doesn't add up for Assad to do something this blatantly stupid.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

The best part is when he explains that they don't want to be refugees and to please help them stay in their own country. If only we could see inside the control room at cnn when he was talking...they must have been furious! :crackup:

XFBO likes this.
  11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Well it's CNN so what do you expect? She tried to break in and shut him down but he kept on talking....Looks like the world is learning the Dem's trick of hogging the microphone....just keep talking:crackup:

12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Am I the only one who noticed that she seems to have a permanent duck face:eek:

13. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

This took me a second, then........:crackup:

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Stupid like Einstein.

Do you think a half-gross of cruise missles pounding one evacuated airbase into a moonscape affects Assad one bit?

But hoo-boy howdy does the uptick in anti-US rhetoric by his partners in arms serve his purposes well. Hey, Putin, gimme some moar monies cuz the orange faced goon is tossing a billion dollas in Chinese funded ordnance at me!

15. toybm

toybm Active Member

Lol, this time they did even need Colin Powell.

"If we forget the past we are doomed to repeat it" or something like that.

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Sounds like jets are already using the bombed airbase, maybe they should have targeted the tower and communications.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Really? Have you been attention to anything he's said over the past six years?
    He considers that civilian populations in areas he has attacked are willfully working with terrorists and are justifiable collateral damage. He has plenty of reasons, in his mind, to want to use chemicals on them.

18. ringdingding

Maybe he is right.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...

I get the distinct impression that Assad isn't adored by his countrymen

20. ringdingding

Didn't Obama, Clinton and Frankenstien tell us all of the chemical weapons in Syria were destroyed? Which is it?

Yeah Pappy, better trust what Assad say's.