VMD 2017 - need some help/input

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And change done, also swapped races 1 & 2 so that pre-war and class c aren't back to back since Doc runs both.

2. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Busy schedule. Shame we can't slip Clubman in there somewhere as a catchall class for some of the D bikes and a second class for some of the more modern stuff. What size were the grids for V5, V3?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They were small but I'm trying to keep some room in there since this is the first year with no conflict. I want to be able to adjust on the fly if we get a large turnout. The Clubman and some D bikes can run LW Twins and F2 if they want to come play too.

4. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Makes sense. I hope you run out of room. :)

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too!

Kind of thinking about running a couple of races before lunch Saturday like we do on Sunday to give me some cushion. It would mean just one practice that morning but it would be longer and there is practice available all day Friday.

renegade17 and wanderlust like this.
  6. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Very cool!......I was still stuck in AHRMA mode which was virtually no practice either race day.

7. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

How is the re-paving going?

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10. wera #3

wera #3 Well-Known Member

Are they rep Bing mid Ohio?

I hope so

11. wera #3

wera #3 Well-Known Member

Re-paving

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No they are not. It was a joke.

13. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

Me and Jerry talking about possibly attending. One thing to know is points, I read through the thread and I don't see anything about points and didn't know if this just basically becomes a WERA Vintage Event and all things applicable such as points? Sorry if this has been answered before, I've not found it.

Thanks,
    DC

14. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the troubled areas are properly resurfaced at the end of '17. Been hearing some rumors...

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been hearing the rumors too - but as always I believe nothing until someone sees the asphalt with their own eyes :D

On points - the event will pay points in all of the WERA classes being run there. For Vintage it'll be national of course and then regional for the regions the event is listed in. Then National Challenge points for those classes that are in the series, and Sportsman point for the regions it's listed in (only the classes being run of course).

16. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Sean, any way you can split V6HW 10 and V7HW 11 , expecting a much larger turnout this year. Let me know, if not all us old guys in this class will need to start training now. LOL

17. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

I've seen your training. 8oz curls and nachos :crackup:

18. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

HVIII I didn't say it was a beneficial training plan. I'm thinking many rain races this year so I'm working on my traction control.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Do you get an 8oz curl by averaging the full and empty weights of a pint glass? :beer:

20. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

I don't see it in my garage yet.