1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VMD 2017 - need some help/input

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 9, 2017.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

If we are running v8 and 600 classes on different bikes, which I may depending on if my RSVR ever sells, will we be able to run in two separate practices?

2. wanderlust

wanderlust Well-Known Member

Any way to put a race in between HWTSB and A SB? Not that I mind racing back to back sprint races, but having a quick break would be great.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Either 125 GP or 250 GP - not sure which bikes are in the AHRMA class. If you know let me know :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No problem, we can work with you on that like we do riders with two 600's or two lightweights or two Vintage bikes. It's a case by case basis but we do it every weekend.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well hell. I was thinking about the 675's running C and HWT not the real HWT machines and A. I'll play with it more. 675's may just have to deal with it and I'll put the sidecars back where they were.

wanderlust likes this.
  6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

We ran back to back last year too. IIRC

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On Saturday you did not, had two races in between (sidecars and LW Twins), not sure off the top of my head for Sunday and too lazy to look right now :D

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Lazy ass! Jk lol! May have been HWT and 600's.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still TENTATIVE!

1) V5, V3
    2) Pre-War, GP125
    3) 500GP, V2, 250GP
    4) 600/C Superstock Expert & Novice
    5) V6MW, LWTSS Ex & Nv
    6) V8HW, Formula 3
    7) V1, F-500, 350GP, All Class C
    8) Open/A Superstock Expert & Novice
    9) V4, V6LW, Formula 2-Stroke
    10) HWTSS Ex & Nv, V7HW
    11) V6HW, V7MW, Formula 2 Ex & Nv
    12) 600/C Superbike Expert & Novice
    13) LWTSB Ex & Nv, Thruxtons
    14) HWTSB Ex & Nv, V8 MW
    15) Sidecars
    16) WERA/A Superbike Expert & Novice

I looked and while we did have a few run LWT and HWT - since we have both LWT classes and F2 for the SV's they have options if they don't want back to back where the big twins are more limited. I think this will work.

10. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Mongo,
    Any chance you could move "All Class C" from race 7 (V1, F500, 350GP) to race 3 (500GP, V2, 250GP)? I am planning to pay prize money on race 7 and had not figured in Class C (pre - 1950) bikes since they normally do not run with us. Race 3 should be slightly slower than race 7 and the class C bikes should fit nicely.

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

There's a whole host that can run in 200GP with AHRMA but it's mainly Honda twins 160/175. I'll email you the relevant pages from their rulebook.

250GP is their bump-up class so putting them in there would deprive them of a second race, I don't know what will be running in 125GP. Of course it could be that none turn up but it would be nice if they knew beforehand if and what classes they would be in.

12. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Will this be a weekend race ? What are the dates ?

13. bj

bj Well-Known Member

7/7-7/9. In the past, Friday was always a practice day with racing Sat and Sun. You southern guys need to come.

14. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Sean,no skin in this,although I wish it were.I don't know if any real v5 bikes race anymore,and I've heard about how slick the track is now early on.Although for all I know,you may have done it this exact same way for as long as you guys have been running VMD.Just thinking that might be tough on a bike bore bike 1st race of the day.

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It's normally practice in the morning, racing after lunch, don't know if that will be the same this year.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll look at it.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, VMD = Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio. Amazing event. July 7-9, practice all day Friday, then a pretty normal double header setup for the weekend. Last years schedule is on the schedules page to get an idea of the times for everything. We do race before lunch on Sunday.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

By the time of the first race there's been practice all morning so that's not an issue. When dry the track is good, it's just when wet/cold which isn't too big an issue in the morning in July (well, dew can be but usually isn't). Thanks for the input tho, good to think about.

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  19. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

I think this would be a good idea. Significant speed differential between F500 and Class C.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed. Was thinking more the V1 than the F500 for some reason.