1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck opinions again....

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure you can either get the console or the bench where the middle folds down - which I prefer, makes a nicer armrest for tall people :D

XFBO likes this.
  2. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Nice looking truck! Is that the diesel? How's the ride and cabin quietness?

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I've only seen bench seat in the front on a a manual 3500 Cummins in the Laramie trim, not on the smaller ones up to the 15 models (mine's a 15).

4. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

That's pretty much when mine started to fall apart. If he starts to get leaks, tell him to run and trade it in.

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Ride is a little rough as this is the off road package but not much different than my Tundra. The limited I drove and chose not to buy because they were a little flashy for me drove like a fricking Caddy! It was seriously plush. Cabin noise is minimal. Worst thing you hear is the turbo whine which I kind of like.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Good to hear it didn't break already..it is a Nissan...the Japanese GM

7. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Don't you mean Japanese Town and Country.

BigBird likes this.
  8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Wish they would put that diesel in the armada

9. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I used to not understand when people would say that when I had my Titan but now that the wife's Rogue, with less than 15k miles keeps developing issues, I'm starting to get it. It's been in the shop 6 times in the last 30 days for things like the power tailgate not working or the car not being able to read the key fob and start. Also, her heated seats won't turn off. Add to the fact that I never got rid of a vehicle with less than 200k miles but the Titan fell apart at 155k, I'll never own another Nissan. Unless, of course, I could get a deal on a GTR :D

BigBird likes this.
  10. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

So what's the verdict on the Titan?
    I was rear ended a couple of weeks ago and they totaled my vehicle, so I'm in the market for a new truck.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

OK.....I might have located a decent deal so this is the FIRST place I thought to share it and get some feedback from those who might be in the know!!!

I'm looking at a 2016 Laramie today, crewcab, 67" bed, EcoDiesel, leather trim buckets, heated seats front & back, blah blah blah......it's nicely loaded.

It does NOT have the air suspension, power sunroof or 76" bed which if I were 'building one' I would have wanted but think I'll survive without them. Sticker is $55,535, this sales rep didn't seem to waste any time to offer it up for $46k.

Good deal or do you think it's possible to find a better deal out there?

Those of you with the short bed, any regrets? I don't know if 9" will make a difference for me....(no disgusting retorts, I'm in the zone.....the truck zone) :D

Already spoke to my friend who has the ED with the air suspension, he reassured me on the standard suspension, says I should be just as happy with the ride, he says the biggest differences between the two will be when loaded up....that won't be often enough for me to care....I don't think. lol

A trade-in is involved, I ended all discussions when they offered me roughly 3-3.5K under what I was expecting, not even 8 miles down the road I get a call saying they'll give me 2 more grand so I figured plus the tax savings I'm pretty much at my number. Considering I was needing to dump roughly $800 into it for tires and brakes I think I'm actually minimizing the loss and not having to deal with the headache of listing and trying to sell it on my own.....and assuming it takes me a few weeks to sell on my own, I'll lose the discounts currently available on the '16 models, I'm pretty sure I can't get the same incentives/discounts on a '17 model.

Thoughts???

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

^ do it

:D

XFBO likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

XFBO likes this.
  14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Love mine after 6k miles.

15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

They had engine replacement issue on a national level for a period, not sure if resolved.

As in, they had a backorder they couldn`t keep up with for a while. Like ford 6.0 and 6.4 cracking heads and pistons bad.

At least do some research first, or go buy a bullet proof Cummins 5.9 or 6.7!

16. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I have 6 days before my lease is up on my 2013 ecoboost fx4. Cannot fucking decide. Slightly used Tundra 2014 limited 20k miles immaculate. And a slightly used 2016 ecoboost lariat 7k miles. Has to be crew cab 4x4. Ford just has so many more options than the dated tundra. Planning to buy and keep it for awhile, unless Ford or Denali offer me another crazy lease deal.

17. RPMWFO

RPMWFO Member

There are better deals out there or push them on the price more. I just picked up a 2016 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn, 4wd, CCSB, 6.7 for $50K($68k sticker). The dealers are wanting to blow out 2016 inventory right now.

18. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

Ive only put 4000km on my 2016 XD, but i love so far. Glad I bought it.

I bet these can haul a lot more than they advertise.

19. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I think it's a decent deal, but can you live with the short bed?

XFBO likes this.
  20. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

17s quarter mile, and it is heavy. That doesn't bother you day to day driving?