Official 2016 GNF thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 16, 2016.

1. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Ted, cutting is sooooo west coast. We shoot folks in the south.

2. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

I agree.

WERA could drop the Sept Road A round, and replace it with the GNF in October at Road Atlanta

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

In some parts. I here in some places the preferred method is stabbing with a 3ft screw driver.

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Ban him until he reads the entire snorklegate thread!

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I don't do reality shows. The drama is always overly obnoxious.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

MF'er, you're our Caitlyn Jenner! :Poke:

7. FSS doesn't fall under normal SS rules. It has its own set of rules, which basically says you can't do anything to the motor. It must stay 100% stock.

8. fastfreddie

The rules define what determines an action that would MODIFY. Deckin' heads, grindin' valves and cuttin seats ain't a modification by the rule's definition as it excepts "normally accepted maintenance and repair procedures."
    Loosening a bolt, or four, and repositioning a component isn't modification, either.

Perhaps we need to define "normally accepted maintenance and repair procedures"?

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

While rules will always have some room for interpretation, in this case... you're wrong

10. Do any of those things have the potential to create any type of performance advantage/increase, whether it be more power, lighter weight, faster revs, etc?

The motor/specs are supposed to remain OEM.

11. fastfreddie

Figuratively, maybe. Literally, I think I'm comprehending the words just fine.
    So you would consider a thinner head gasket an engine modification when the rules clearly state a modification consists of...
    "...cutting, grinding, milling, porting, boring, drilling, bending, welding, brazing or soldering..."

12. fastfreddie

Is that why you're pokin' me? :p

13. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

If you put in a thinner head gasket you've modified the engine in a class that has a rule that says no engine modification are allowed.
    Head gasket = part of engine. Thinner head gasket = different than way it came. Ie modified engine. Ergo = illegal.

F SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE
    200-250cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled twins
    200-250cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled singles
    *No bodywork restrictions.
    *No engine modifications allowed
    *All bikes may upgrade to 17” wheels so long as they do not weigh less than the stock wheels for that model.
    *Kickstand mounts may be cut off of frame.

14. fastfreddie

What are you guys not understanding?
    If the rulebook is accurate, then definitions in the rulebook are also accurate. By those definitions, swapping a gasket isn't a modification.

15. Huey130

It also says you can overbore. just NOT IN THIS CLASS (I typed it larger in hopes it would sink in).

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  16. fastfreddie

An overbore is a modification normally accepted as a maintenance or repair procedure. That it happens to boost cc's is just gravy. I know there are classes for which this is not acceptable...and the rules say so when it's not.

Let's change gears...
    You (re)build an engine for FSS. Do you use an alternate clearance for main/rod bearings? Are you cheating if you do? It's not a modification, per the rule's definitions.

17. Huey130

You cheat however you want to. I'm not your dad.
    You keep applying parts of the rulebook that don't apply to this class. Anything that modifies the engine, in this class, is illegal.
    Yes, everything you've said is legal... in other classes.

You were the finger next to someones face saying "I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you" kid weren't you?

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So in FSS you just run a motor until it dies and then toss it?

19. Huey130

Didn't toss... They're still here.

But if I rebuilt it I'd personally rebuild it back to spec and if anything needed replacing I'd do it with OEM parts... To OEM specs... If it were me.

obcbr and TurboBlew like this.
  20. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Rules are rules, pissing match here pissing match there, wether on the shit fest BBS or in the pits, proper regulations are a thing of the past.

Focken 800 pages of snorkel fest and not one looked at!

I vote superbike everything!!!

throwdown likes this.