1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chatter help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TRK, Jul 30, 2015.

1. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Yes sir,
    Air gauge is money.
    Next change is oil level............running out of ideas :)

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

so... i suspect you didn't see the other guys chatter help thread (general forum) where he put another tire on and no more chatter ?? michelin and pirrelli, way less likely to have chatter issues. Just a suggestion. Ya have to put tires on the bike every so often, so why not try another brand for 1 set.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

revisit this issue.
    I finally got my butt off the seat and turned up the throttle to experience this at 13.
    Is it the track surface there?

4. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

There are a few ripples in a certain area, but it is a foot or so off the line I run. But you can still tune the bike to work over them or put your head over the dirt on the inside of the corner and the wheels will be on the inside of the ripples. I take a few corners like that at JGP.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

one thing you should consider about trying to dial in a bike and picking t13 at JGP as a tuning corner.. that is the only time you are on the far right side of the tire for any real time. T7 is about the only other time you are on the right side with any pace, and that isn't for very long before you flick it right for tricky t8 (slowest corner on the track). SO, by the time you arrive again at t13 from the last time you were there, the right side of the tire loses some heat. In the coldest months, it may be hard for some to keep much heat in that side of the tire at all. So the bike can feel way different in right side turns than left.
    Sam Nash (Huntly's brother) had some on-board vid from when they both raced with us about 2007 or 2008. This was back in days of ntec uk tires. His go-pro vid bounces really bad all way through t13, not so much anywhere else.

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

never thought about that. I've assumed once the tire is hot. It keeps that temp throughout the carcass

7. edgefinder

edgefinder Well-Known Member

To really check forks aren't binding up as they stroke. Support bike front end off ground. Screw out fork caps and stroke forks to bottom with the wheel on axle tight.

8. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The only way to know for sure is to pull the legs apart and measure runout. The method you're describing will reveal big problems, but not small ones.

9. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I'd say that r6 front end is way too rigid for a first gen SV in the first place... Has anyone said to check ride height yet???

10. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

I get chatter on SV when rear is not tall enough. I run longer rear shock than others because of this. Didn't matter what brand tire.

Run it in slow motion.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    MELK-MAN likes this.