1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add me to the list of the newest Obamacare "successes"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jkhonea, Oct 14, 2014.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That is why it is rigged. Those that cannot pay are subsidized while those who can are squeezed down. It is the marxist way.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't know if this one is fully marxist. The insurance companies pulled off a pretty good capitalist coup with this one: making it law that everyone had to have insurance, then using that law as an excuse to raise rates, then getting the government to pay for it when the rates are too high. There are some insurance execs laughing all the way to their recently purchased private islands over this one.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

They are laughing today but if all goes to plan the system will morph to government run plan and they will go away. So again with them it is a payoff today to get things rolling with little resistance in hopes of kneecapping the later. Currently the payoff is to large corporations, unions and insurance companies with the smaller people taking the initial hit. As time progresses it will morph.

The marxist part though is the concept that those with the most should be 'giving' more to those with the least. From each their ability to each their needs. Of course human nature causes those on the border to decrease output as the reward diminishes which means you have to take more from the producers. Eventually no one produces.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The guys laughing today don't care. They'll all be retired and living it up long before the bottom falls out (and I'm not just talking about the execs, the assholes that passed it are included in that too).

5. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Well thought I would escape being touched and healed by the king obama. Just recieved word that my work will no longer be providing my family with insurance. Thanks king i hated my companies free family healthcare (my work goes off a banked hours worked they pay the insurance nothing came out of your paycheck) to $6.30hr out of my check at maximum 40hrs week. $252.00 a week $1008.00 a month.

Hmmm lets see $0 to $1008.00 yep thats better.

I heard on a talk show a guy said " the government will walk up to you break your leg and give you crutch. Then say "see! what you do without us?"

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Cmon guys, it's gotta make you feel pretty damn warm and fuzzy knowing that you're subsidizing all the other poor families who can't, won't, don't work....it's awesome stuff and we know this cuz the libtards keep telling us it is. A big special thanks for all who helped the ACA supporters get into office one way or the other. :up:

7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Indeed, almost wants me to have you and some coworkers go out and violate the shit out of some moochers civil rights.:D

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Obamacare Architect: I Wanted to Sound Smart

Jonathan Gruber, the economist who helped design Romneycare and the Affordable Care Act, falls on his sword before Congress.
    Jonathan Gruber is a professor of economics at MIT who holds PhD from Harvard and has a 17-page CV filled with all sort of honors, awards and fellowships. So, of course, the first question that Gruber was asked when he appeared before the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee on Tuesday was “Are you stupid?”

Gruber, a prominent health economist, played an important role in the design of both Romneycare in Massachusetts and Obamacare nationally he He appeared before the committee in an attempt to offer a mea culpa for a series of remarks he made about the Affordable Care Act over the last few years, including his contention that the bill was deliberately opaque and passed only because of “the stupidity of the American voter.”

9. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

No matter how much he says he was trying to sound smart and apologizes he's full of shit. He meant every word of what he said and I agree with him. Intelligent people were able to see through the bullshit and realize what was coming down the road. Stupid people thought it was the best thing ever and they would esentially have free insurance. Well they got cheap insurance with a fatass deductible they still cant afford so theyre right back where they started. The only thing it really did was cost responsible hard working people a crap ton more money for the same or worse insurance.

10. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

:stupid:

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid: too

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

13. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Been on hold for an hour with Aetna to try to find out something about my rate. Next to no claims with them and they are showing my rates going to $721 next month, yet if I applied online as a new client, showing $668 a month. This honestly is like a damned bad nightmare.

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Holy freaking mother of God! Finally got someone to pick up after over an hour. They had me down for a higher rate than I was supposed because they decided to mark me down as a tobacco user! Something I've NEVER marked down for them. Ever. Hell, I've never smoked! None of us have!

15. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

When my daughter was born 3 years ago our total out of pocket for the delivery and hospital was $1300 and change. That included a rush to the ICU for a clotting issue and extra days in the hospital.

#2 is due in May, assuming everything goes normal it will cost me ~3.5-5K out of pocket.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Well, you're just going to have to start. New rule.

17. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

:crackup:

At least they're lowering it down now, but I damned well may have to start smoking something else to deal with this.

18. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

I believe that might be the choice of your employer going down the shitter. ;)

19. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Found out my contribution: I get about $12,000 added to my gross and I am taxed at that rate.

Your welcome Obama voters.

20. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

hearing stories like yours and others makes me very very grateful that I work for the company I do. I cant say that enough. Im very blessed ...oh oh and I also now have additional cancer , critical illness and accident insurance that covers me on the track even racing! as long as im not a paid professional racer they will cover,,I could have really used that critical insurance coverage when that mold happened to me . I wont tell you what I pay because it will piss you off