1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

oh yeah, hawk was looking for a sub no date. :D

2. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

That escalated...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Just snagged this for the wife. She is going to flip out.

Attached Files:

4. HenryZX6R

Hopefully she flips out in a good way

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It still has the green case back sticker on it?

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Check you PM.

7. HenryZX6R

Yup. Dunno if it's original but it's there. Does that tend to hurt or help? I can ask the original owner

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, that's a great sign. It means it was owned by someone who was either OCD or weird and it very lightly worn. I peel those off within minutes of buying. :D

Now $4800 is making more and more sense. Sorry Hawk but it seems he has one of those "one in a thousand" vintage rolexs that are worth right around what he's asking.

9. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

One of the designers I work with got one, he was pretty impressed with the "user experience" of the watch... a letter from them indicating the watch was due to be built on X date. Watch came in a unique box with a lot of little cool stuff in it. And then he liked the look of it. I have no idea what kind of box a Rolex comes in but it sounds like Shinola has that part dialed.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I don't haggle. I either chose to buy something or not.
    I am definitely in the market. I was going to go with the newer, unless something great came along. I will be leaving for SoFL next weekend, and expect to acquire something before end of year.

I should be getting a call later today from "Henry."

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The sticker is worn, so it's not a catalog photo. It had the crown and model # when purchased. Also the bracelet in the photo has had links removed. I'd say it's the actual watch. $4800 is a good buy. If Henry bought it for less, it was a home run. Great find!

12. HenryZX6R

Yup it's at 7.5" and no extra links unfortunately.

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Tag watches in general do not hold value, and no women's watches are really good investments, not even rolex.

That said, if you like it, who cares? It's not like you're going to sell it, and she'll probably love the thing.

*edit: on the other hand, for another $500 you could probably snap up a lady datejust and really have something with at least some trade-in value if she upgrades later.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tags have horrible resale value so if you plan on keeping it, it's a good enough deal. If you think you might ever want to flip it or even trade it in, look at something else.

If you like it and you think your lady will also, it's pretty damn alright. :up:

16. Fire929

Fire929 Well-Known Member

Little help needed on seiko watches.

I've been wearing casio atomic watches for quite a while. I grew attached them while on the FD because it always matched dispatch time exactly. Automatic watches are nice because I like the complexity of the movements but it always bothers me that it will lose/gain time each month.

Which brings me to the sieko astron. Looks much better than my casios in the office plus it grabs time from satellites. If I'm ever stranded on an island I will still have perfect time. I called a local dealer and his price was better than what I could find on the interwebs. Just wanted to know what's the usual discount on a sieko?

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Dave/JB, is it safe to assume that extra links are easily secured?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, easy enough. Ain't free though. ;) Your local AD might even have some in the back and will be able to size it for you.

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

20. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Agree about Tags, and I own two from years ago.. Great watches, no real resale value.

Good point on the women's rolex. That's why I bought my wife a mens!