1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Any love for Omega's here? I have this 'un but haven't heard much chatter about them here. Buncha Rolex fan bois....

:D

[​IMG]

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I like Omega's designs better than Rolex overall.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I like my Omega. It's a Seamaster 300M GMT. I got it instead of the Rolex GMT because it was like 1/3rd the price, felt better built and Rolex only offered the ceramic bezel gmt at the time.

I like it a lot but I think I should have shopped around for a left over Rolex GMT if for no other reason than the GMT would be worth the same as what I would have paid while the Omega is worth about half of what I paid for it.

Still, a great watch.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

After a week of wear, 24/7, I am pleased with the feel. I adjusted to the weight well.

The only complain, is the bezel action. Not pleased at all. It is not to my liking to the point that I am not using it at all. And, I probably set the bezel on the Citizen two to three times daily.

Would I buy again? Yes. But I would do so knowing that I won't be maximizing the bezel usage.

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

7. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Just picked this up for my daughter-

[​IMG]

It was either this or a $10 coffee card from the recognition cabinet at work. She likes the watch much better.

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

what is a recognition cabinet??

9. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

When you do something nice, you can get an "instant recognition" card. This card can be redeemed for chotchkes, knick-knacks, or movie tickets and coffee cards. The "job well done" recognition, typically $20 or less in value.

Sorry if I cheaped up the thread.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Are you in pre-school?:Poke:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Omegas are very cool.

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Who gives out these cards??

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The teacher!:Poke:

Edit - I hope that it is clear that I am only joking, if not entertaining myself. While I think the reward system is funny, I have seen it exercised beyond elementary school to include changing safety cultures in industry. I travel to the field/job site with swag to acknowledge good acts.

15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Anyone can give out the cards.
    It is a reliable motivator in that you can acknowledge any behavior, safety included. It's a nice way to let someone know you noticed their actions.

Enough about my pre-k work environment, I'm looking for a $400 Pepsi with a blue face. Any recommendations? I was thinking of getting a Seiko and having it modified, unless there is a better option. No GMT needed, I just like the red/blue bezel and blue face.

16. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

An early Christmas gift from my son. While I realize that it is not on par with much of the stuff being discussed in this thread, it has become special to me because it is a gift and also because it gives one a little peek at what actually goes on inside these things (mini-mechanical excellence!).

Attached Files:

17. trancework

trancework It's always now...

I love the viewport on the face--congrats on the early Chrstmas, your son has GREAT taste, that's a sharp watch! :up:

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

In the place of my former Rolex AD is a jewerly store that sells Invictia and Citizen. They also sell some preowned watches. They had two SS Daytonas and Pepsi bezel GMT. Cool, what are you asking for the GMT?

$12K!!!! :crackup: "It's a collectors item." No shit but you're asking 2 to 3 times the market value. Shit, you're asking Red Sub prices for something that is not even close to being as rare or tough to find.

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

My FIL has a solid gold Oyster from the early 60s or whenever the gold standard was still in effect. Are those of any particular interest?

Looks like this iirc.

[​IMG]

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yes and no. The vintage sports watches are what's selling and are in the most demand and are increasing in value.

It'd be a great watch to have and wear with the intention of handing down to your son.