1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time run out for Herrin?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm not good enough to get a Moto2 ride so I won't speculate about how good Josh is or isn't. He was good enough to get the ride. There are too many dynamics in that environment to place the blame entirely on his talent level.

2. During their two years together at Graves superbike, Hayes won 24 races, and Herrin won 4. Given those numbers, it's hard to dispute.

3. I hope Herrin gets another shot too. I really hope Cam gets a shot.

Obviously, I'd love to see Hayes get a shot, but in mc racing, ageism is a thing. :D

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

too many variables in racing.

5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

:crackup:

How does one get a point lead and not ride better then the other riders?

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not even sure why anyone thinks Josh Hayes is relevant to this discussion. Even assuming that Josh Herrin was "only" good enough for second in the AMA championship, does anyone really think that's not good enough to be in Moto2? What kind of drugs are some of you people taking?

And I'm not even a fan. But you guys are ridiculous.

7. Mechanical DNFs.

8. I just said Hayes would do better. Herrin got the ride, so obviously people with a spot on the grid thought he was good enough. I'm not disputing that. I just rate Hayes much more highly.

9. What were the variables in their case?

10. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

age, experience, the fact that they are two different people. :D

different bikes serve different people better.

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

to finish first, you must first finish.

Dnf happen. But didnt happen to herrin, so he was the better rider that year.

THe colts beat the seahawks last year. Seahawks won the superbowl, does that make the colts better then the seahawks?

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

How much did Herrin improve from the first year to the second?

I think Josh Hayes is one of the greatest people in the sport of motorcycle racing, period. I also think that even he would tell you Josh Herrin has an enormous amount of potential and skill that has yet to be developed. And he's pretty damn talented already.

If he gets enough time on a Moto2 bike, Herrin will eventually have a watershed moment and improve dramatically. If he doesn't get that chance, then he's still going to be damn impressive on whatever bike he ends up riding.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Why doesn't JU do an interview with Herrin, and get it straight from him? This seems like a rather pivotal issue that affects current and future American racer prospects in Europe.

14. Oh jeez. The colts beat the Seahawks 8 times last year?

The better team or rider doesn't always win. Sometimes luck is involved. I know I'm opening up another whole can of worms by saying it, but Hayes was very unlucky last year, and Herrin, by way of Hayes' dnfs, was very lucky.

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It would be pointless as Josh isn't gonna shit on his team and burn bridges.

16. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

I wish Josh nothing but success. Comparing him to other Americans who don't ride anymore, on different equipment, isn't really the best barometer for comparison. I do unfortunately agree, perception wise, that failure, be it Josh's or the bike's or the team's, is failure, and being related to it is bad for everyone.

None the less, I will root for Josh. I will root for him because hes an American in a series where there are none. Because everyone says hes a great guy in person. And because hes an underdog, and its hard not to root for the guy who has the whole world against him, but keeps trying as hard as a he can to get better.

In life, failure is the fire in which success is forged. Be it cliches by michael jordan or any other athlete about how many times they've failed relative to succeeded, almost all people in life who have succeeded, have first failed. Its ok. Its a right of passage. The hope, is that you learn from it, and get better in the future.

Fight on Josh. Never give up.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He wasn't shooting for "respectable." He expected to be contending for the title this year.

He walked away from a commitment to the Marc VDS team (angering a few people in the process) because he wasn't convinced that it was the better option. Same team that's currently 1 & 2 in the championship. He wasn't sure they would be good enough. Believe me, he's having a shit year. :)

18. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

At what point do we stop ignoring the fact that Yoshimura Suzuki (Mladin/Spies) won 53 AMA Superbike races in a row?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF Bias? What the hell part of I like Josh Hayes do you not get? Hell, I know him better and honestly like him better than Herrin (not that I dislike Herrin in any way at all, more an age and time spent around Hayes thing).

If I had any bias it would be towards Hayes. Period.

Just for fun since you're too damn dense to understand, I have never once posted my opinion as to which is a better rider overall. But I will now just to prove you're an idjit - I think Hayes is a better rider. Doesn't change at all what I think about what you post...

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on the context and the conversation being held. When talking about Hayes/Herrin it means nothing. When talking about Yosh domination for a while it means everything.