1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I guess this explains why the wildcards at Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dorna wants to do it cheaper (relative speaking)? Buy WERA.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sold! :D

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Doing that gets them a know name, experience in the US (if they are smart enough to keep the peeps), the relationship with the riders, tracks and manufacturers and all the goodies that WERA brings to the table.

It really would be a no brainer.

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So will we be able to get live timing though the ama app?

5. racing+life

racing+life Well-Known Member

Do they have enough pie?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pie doesn't matter, Evelyne owns it and can sell it for whatever she likes :D

7. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

I'm going to start right now: I will be sorely pissed if you don't have Drebber and Despain (and maybe Ienatsch).

8. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I was referring to DMG.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way on Dave, he's got his own gig on MavTV to do.

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Duck Hunting still isn't popular. Watching a bunch of fake red necks blow stuff up and act stupid is.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Over 1,000,000 duck stamps sold each year.... duck hunting is pretty popular. How many race licenses were sold this year?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How many square miles of duck hunting area versus miles of roadcourses?

His point is Duck Dynasty has not increased the popularity of hunting, it has however increased watching goofy redneck shenanigans.

14. racing+life

racing+life Well-Known Member

never even saw the show, ever. I see adds in stores and hear many people talk about it, and games in bars (not that I frequent bars) that is all. Guess there was a good marketing job done. ;)

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's pretty amusing all in all. Pure scripted goofiness.

16. simon

simon Unstable

So I guess a last minute deal wasn't reached? I was at Laguna doing Airfence and saw the cameras running during the AMA stuff and was hoping something got sorted out. However, I heard that the feed was for the hospitality suites only and it never made any TV time. Nothing on Fanschoicetv to indicate anything either way. Its a damn shame cuz there was some serious racing going on.

17. caferace

caferace No.

We didn't have an AMA video feed in the media center ... Perhaps they recorded it, and are awaiting some $$.

-jim

18. Marcello1966

Marcello1966 Well-Known Member

That's the same thing JU told me years ago and your both wrong. AMA racing is a nice juicy tax right off. If Jim France truly loved Road racing he should have dug deeper into his pockets and promoted it properly. Instead he let the same people run it that had been running it before and we have what we have which is pure bullshit. The sport and the people in it deserve more.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Or they had no broadcast rights, but have distribution rights and are putting it out on DVD?

That they haven't (to my knowledge) done that already is nothing short of :confused:

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

How so?

I'm certain there is a correlation between the financial meltdown and the motorcycle industry. During the boom the manufacturers had money to dump into a niche market in the USA. New models every other year to support the sales, now we are left with BNG. Dumping more money into a series that has so few followers does not seem like a wise investment.

I am not saying that the people who are involved in the sport here in the US are not professionals or even deserve the way things have ended up. The reality as I see it is that a majority of the viewing public could care less about motorcycle racing unless they are watching a highlight reel of "amazing crashes". I've read complaints on here about the cost of a GP subscription, yet it gives any enthusiast the best show over the net when it comes to road racing. If people aren't going to pony up for the pinnacle of the sport, how many are going to pony up for the DMG stuff? In a sense we have created what has happened.