1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Yeh but when it runs out of ammo, it will make a hell of a dent in there head...much more than some gun made out of Tupperware. :D

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You would love my Longslide. Just like a hammer.

3. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

My newest addition showed up today!!

[​IMG]

its bigger brother….

[​IMG]

4. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

I know you HSLD guys have more say in your weapon systems but do you really use a Springfield MC 1911 for "work"?

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I'm glad I live in Georgia :D we have tons of ammo. I have been shipping my uncle ammo for the very same reason.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I would lean towards the Glock. I have never owned a Walther but my brother and father own them. We swap guns rather frequently. It's almost like a book exchange for guns. Shoot it for a few months then hand it back. They seem to be good quality and pretty accurate. The Glock is proven even if people hate the for being soulless plastic guns :D

7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Ditto. We just picked up a G19 gen 4 a few weeks ago for just this purpose. It's extremely accurate and easy to use too which is nice if you aren't shooting it often.

8. wsmc 589

Yes, and Technically it's a Springfield Pro Rail 1911.

9. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

I just got a S&W M&P 45 the other day. Full size is still only 4.25" so it's not huge. Deals with recoil better than my Springfield 1911 somehow too. I like it very much. Very inexpensive for what it is

10. wsmc 589

You running the same ammo through both?

11. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

12. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Where you gettin' it from? Or is it a secret?

-steve

13. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

So... What is a decent choice for a first CCW? I don't need anything super fancy, just reliable, decently accurate, and semi-inexpensive. 5'9" slim to medium build, so a full size probably isn't gonna work to well.

14. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

Ahh, I completely glazed over the Custom Shop logo on the slide. Nice piece.

15. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Ruger LC9.

16. wsmc 589

Thank you sir.

17. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Went to the range today with my friend to play with our Mosins. Then a guy showed up with this.

[​IMG]

Armalite 338 Lapua. The range had cleared out so we went and talked to him, told us he had just got it and was trying to sight it in. It was a hell of a task since he wasn't even on the paper but we offered to help and got it dead on by the end.

He let us both run it a few times as a thanks(which is quite the thanks if you know what that ammo costs!). Trigger was smooth as butter and the recoil felt like someone shoved me in the shoulder. Its just a shame that the range was only 100yards, but damn it was a sweet gun and a sweet outing.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bout $60 on the table in spent ammo?

19. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Is that one of those Nikon AR scopes? Seems like he'd have something with better glass, better turrets, and more travel.

20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

definitely a Nikon, but can't tell what it is besides the BDC sticker on the end.

nice rifle. I'd like a 338LM one of these days. maybe a Savage 110 BA, a bit more on the cheaper end of the scale but still a good shooter..