1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crutchlow may leave Moto GP

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Horseshit!

2. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Not saying he deserves more money, and I don't know what he makes, but if he can do better in WSBK then who can blame him?

3. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I don't disagree at all. Just saying that, given his reasoning, going back to WSBK makes more sense.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Write the check.;)

5. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

He says he doesn't race for money but then goes into great detail about money, over and over. Just saying...

6. 2OLD2SLOW

2OLD2SLOW Well-Known Member

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

In Moto GP, I don't see why their is a problem with a minimum salary. You have it in baseball, football, etc.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who is going to pay it? The teams? The manufacturers? Dorna? The motogp payment fairy?

Then why aren't the moto2 riders getting a minimum salary? What about the moto3 riders, why aren't they getting paid?

Then you'll get the the debate as to who deserves how much. Why does Rossi get paid eleventy Trillion Iraqi Dinar from the motogp money fairy while Ellison only get €5 and a gas station sandwich.

Who handles the taxation? Does Nicky pay his taxes in the US or the 70% proposed by the French goverment?

So, no, you're wrong. :)

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:D

10. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

How do they address taxation now? serious question... I never thought of that before.

11. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Ask Rossi.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Once you get to a certain salary level, you establish a residence of convenience where the personal income taxes are lowest.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would have more respect for him if he just says that he wants to be paid. It's a short career, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. But to pretend that a 2012 Tech 3 bike is what's holding him back is total BS when his teammate is on every other podium. Dovizioso is still finishing behind the same guys he was finishing behind when he had the same factory equipment as them. So the bike is not holding him back. Why would it not be good enough for Crutchlow to win on if he has the skills?

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

usually Monaco...not a bad place to live I hear

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Serious question:

Anyone have a rough breakdown of WSBK availability next year? Are there any rides that will give him a shot at winning?

Factory Duc filled? 1198 or Panigale?
    BMW Mlandri and Spies?
    Honda Rea?
    Ape? Biaggi?

Where could he fit?

Id imagine the Effenbert bikes are pretty damn good but they seem cash strapped.

Suzuki isnt really competitive

Seems the best option is privateer BMW, Duc, Ape.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is Ducati coming back for sure?

17. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

:crackup:

Thanks I need a new keyboard now.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You hire a damn good lawyer (one who drives a yeller ferrari and who is saving up for a gold plated aircraft carrier) and listen to him. You also hire another lawyer to review the contract that the good lawyer is asking you to sign to make sure he doesn't ass pack you.

Pather laid out step two.

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Well....

The dealership in me wants them to:) I want the Panigale frame design to work well in superbike. I really do. Ive ridden one with half anger and I really like the bike. WHich is way different thatn top riders in top series, but Id love to use that as a sales tool and also hpe it points fingers at a different issue with the motogp program.

But to answer your question, I have no clue if they will be back.

Is Checa signed to them?

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have no idea. I haven't paid close attention to anything going on with WSBK this year other than the races. No idea who has contracts with whom, and for how long.