1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crutchlow may leave Moto GP

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

How are Cal's starts on average? Looks like if he can get off the line good with Pedrosa, we could see if in fact he can run with them early on rather than fight through the field.

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Only if he has the best bike;)

3. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

1: Practice what you preach.

2: Look at today's qualifying.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

BS bugs the hell out of me. Not looking forward to watching and hearing him next year.

5. Robby-Bobby

Sweet, how many riders got paychecks due to qualifying?

What did Cal win for qualifying well?

Should he just sit out the race now that he has done his job? :p

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Hopefully not in the same way that Hopkins was going to be the next Schwantz...:D

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Herve really painted himself in a corner with Smith. I'd have paid the lawyer's to get out of that contract. If I was going to pick a moto2 rider, smith wouldn't even have been on the list.

Shit, I'd rather have taken mister glass or if I had to go wonky tooth, Rea from WSB.

8. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

Doesn't tech3 get dorna money for employing British racers?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The series only needs one in motogp. Why buy two when one will do?

10. Yea, Herve had an on air conversation with the commentators today, and spoke highly of Smith, but I can't imagine he's happy to have him over some of the other riders available.

11. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, it's all bullshit. He's taking the cycling team and going after the US Flugtag championship in 2013 and the world championship in 2014.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Doyle told me about that. There was no praise during his interview on French television yesterday. He explained that he had signed a contract, and that the decent thing to do was to honor it. He's usually pretty candid on Eurosport France. That's where he said a couple of years ago that he had sent a text message to DeAngelis before he was out of the gravel trap after knocking off Edwards to let him know that the negotiation for the following year was over. :D

He said about Crutchlow today that after the Ducati door closed, he had no leverage and was told that the offer he didn't think was good enough for him went to best he was gonna get. He says he knew that Crutchlow was bluffing when he asked for an extension of the deadline last weekend. He still gave him one week, and Crutchlow signed last night.

He's really bummed about Dovizioso leaving. It's easy to see which rider is his favorite on the team.

14. Robby-Bobby

Ok, just hoping and dreaming, but if the Spies-Gresini thing were to happen, and remote possibility at all that he would get similar treatment as Marco?

Meaning factory equipment?

Dam I just got excited for next year even thinking that rumor could be true!

I dont love Honda, but that is a pretty damn good option for him!

15. The one who scores regular podiums, rarely complains, and buys his own brake upgrades. :D

Do you know if Dovi was eventually reimbursed for the money he paid for the Brembos?

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

17. I guess I should have said Dave K and Steeltoe's dream might become a reality. :D

18. Robby-Bobby

Oh GAWD, Toe just Jizzed his pants over the remote possibility that Suzuki might come back to play with Spies as the rider:)

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have no idea.

Maybe he'll make it up with bonuses.