1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rattle Snake Poblem

Discussion in 'General' started by Ed Sorbo, Aug 22, 2012.

1. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Want me to bring my truck over?

2. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

I gotta go with relocate. You can make as long a noose as long as you want out of 2X2. Run heavy duty staples down the length of your noose with one about a half inch from the end. Run safety wire through the staples and secure it at the business end with a screw in the end of the 2X2. Wrap safety wire around a cut off broom handle for your grip handle. You'll probably need two people to do the wrangling and cage or some other secure container near by.

Try to isolate the mother first. Get her pissed at the open noose. When she strikes through the hole in the noose, pull the noose closed as close to the head as possible. Deposit mother in container (with lid) and go after the little ones. Their poison is much more potent so don't take the cute little buggers for granted.

If you want to kill them, the noose, if built correctly will serve as a nice garot. Bury the heads where no one can get to them.

How do I know how to do this? Well, I actually found a 6 foot momma timber and 10 little fellas underneath a fallen tree's root system.... WHEN I WAS TEN YEARS OLD. So dumb. But everything we did worked. I will just simply omit what we did with them after that for fear of incriminating myself as a total dumbass.....if that's possible.:D

3. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

I kill a few every year. Early morning while it's still cool they're slower. Either a shovel, or even a good rake works fine. Get them right behind the head if possible. I like wearing mx boots when I'm snake killin! :)

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

I love my mark III. I recently had a rodent problem in the backyard and was trying to think of a quick way to acquire a suppressor for my scoped 10/22, lol. my nosey neighbors likely wouldn't appreciate the sound even from a .22

luckily they seemed to have moved on.

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

A silenced .22 is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I looked into a lawyer who speciailzes in NFA trusts, $200 to set it up. But then you've got the cost of the silncer as well, and a new barrel if yours isn't threaded. If you set it up on a new 22 instead of using one of your existing ones it gets pretty pricey in a hurry. A lot of money just for a quiet 22. But they are cool as hell.

If you're in a rural area and don't wanna relocate or call a service, I think the weapon of choice would be a Judge loaded with .410 shot.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Foaming wasp n hornet spray...then use the shovel...as they will be blind and disorented.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If you cut them in half more babies come out. They are definitely in the shop if they are that close. Under it, on top of it, behind the crapper, under your counters and your desk. The eggs attach to your clothing if you brush by one. That means they are in your vehicles and you have taken some home. When those hatch the babies look for cool dry places. Under your bed. If you frighten them they will hide. In your shoes and your men's bikini underwear drawer.

Check your drainage.

[​IMG]

Look next to your bed.

[​IMG]

Look in your office.

[​IMG]

Are you skilled in first aid?

[​IMG]

9. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

^just checked under my desk at work, lol

10. Rock Creek Arms makes one here in Bama. I have one and the barrel is about the size of a quarter in diameter. All you hear is the click of the firing pin and the smack of the bullet. Class III license is required. .22 cal snake shot is easy to find.

On the snakes, I'd throw M-80's at them or fix a machete onto a broom handle and whack their PP off !

11. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

They make 22 cal air guns now. Only problem with a air gun is most are single shot, don't miss.

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Used to catch them and sell 'em. A quick hand and welders' glove if they are truely only ten inches. If they are all the same lenghth like you say , they are full grown pygmys. Very toxic...be careful.

13. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Never had rattlesnakes, but the lawn mower seems to work pretty well on the ones around here.

14. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

If you're sure they're baby rattlesnakes, then give the poor things a break. They can't help it. As you're carefully dismantling the platform, use a long stick to carefully put them in a five gallon bucket with a tight lid and, when you're done, carefully turn them loose somewhere away from people. Please, note my frequent use of the term "carefully". If you're not sure what they are, then find out. If they're not rattlesnakes, then just leave them alone. They won't hurt anything.

.....and, just in case anyone was wondering, the snake in the last photo is not a rattlesnake. It looks like a diamond python.....a non-venomous, aussie species. The bite still looks like it hurt like hell, though.

15. Seeley

Seeley Well-Known Member

Along the lines of the "shelter cats" but one that will actually get rid of the rattlers, find a black snake and turn it loose. They kill rattlers, then move on when there are no other snakes or vermin, and they aren't venomous.

Good luck finding a source of 4 foot black snakes...

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Too beaucoup? :crackup::crackup:

[​IMG]

17. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Dibs on the shotgun, Ed!

18. 418

418 Expert #59

You have officially freaked me the f@ck out!

19. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I like trackstar's idea, I can ship you the feral cats the next door neighbor feeds. :)

20. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

You are evil and trying to give these guys heart attacks.